Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Machining

SFT Search:   

Old 11-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Boiler God

Default Grizzly R8 Tooling

In general I've had very good luck dealing with Grizzly, all of the products I've boughten, have been exactly what they said they were. I have had some problems with the custmer service side of the equation. Like all of the tool sellers they sell very good products and they sell crap, just like HF, but the ratio of good to bad, seems better at Grizzly. Being somewhat local to the Muncy PA store give me the opportunity, to actually look at the product before buying, also the instant gradification of taking your prize with you.

I bought the G2861 Face Mill ($60) and the H2986 Boring Head ($77), and have been very pleased with both of them. The boring head is a one piece assembly, with an integeral R8 arbor and accepts 1/2" boring bars. The face mill is a very well made piece, fitted to a R8 shell arbor, included in the cost, 2 1/2" in dia, and uses 4, TPU 322 carbide inserts. The insert shown are the gray one is the one Grizzly supplies and the gold one is an Interstate brand insert that is TiN coated. I've never bought any of their end mills or drill bits, and can not comment on the quality, but all of the angle plates, vises and other tooling I have gotten over the years have been very good.

jack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grizzy 001x.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	37993   Click image for larger version

Name:	grizzy 009x.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	37994   Click image for larger version

Name:	grizzy 002x.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	37995   Click image for larger version

Name:	grizzy 004x.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	37996   Click image for larger version

Name:	grizzy 011x.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	37997  

Old 11-23-2008, 02:58 PM

I just purchased that face mill and have been very satisfied with it as well. Grizzly has some junk and also some really good stuff lately there tooling quality has gone up considerably but also cost more but still cheaper than msc or enco.They have some other new face mills that are very good quality but take a more expensive insert.