Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Fabrication

SFT Search:   

Old 11-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Member Emeritus June 1965 - August 2015

Default Tube Bending Software

I wanted to see if anyone here has used, or know anyone who has, the tube bending software by Bend-Tech. I am looking at getting either the EZ or the EZ 3D version. Here is a link to it from Pro-Tools.

http://pro-tools.com/bendtech.htm

I have been wanting this ever since I got my bender but haven't really needed it until now. I have a job coming and while it's not too complicated, this would go a long way to making the work easier. Just mainly looking to see if anyone had used it and if so, how easy it was to operate.
I've been crawling on my belly, clearing out what could've been. I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions. I wanna feel the change consume me, feel the outside turning in. I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within.
My shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 11-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Director: Fish Seduction

I've heard lots of good things about it, but never used it myself. From everything I've read it seems fairly simple.

Wade's Custom Kydex
Old 11-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Urban Gunfighter

I've got ez, and it works pretty decent.
if you have any questions, go to their website. the developer is very knowledgeable, and happy to answer any questions you have.

There are also several threads on pirate to research it some more if you are interested.

"I am a man of peace, but if war comes to my door it will find me home."
Old 11-08-2007, 12:26 PM

Thanks guys. I got the number for Bend-Tech and have a message into the owner Chris. I'm sure I will get all my questions answered.
I've been crawling on my belly, clearing out what could've been. I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions. I wanna feel the change consume me, feel the outside turning in. I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within.
My shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 11-08-2007, 01:23 PM

You can also check out http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/. The owner is active on this board, you can find his profile here ( http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/member.php?u=19763 ). Quite a few people on that board use it for designing cages and they all seem to like it a lot.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:11 PM

Thanks for all the help fellas. I spoke with Chris @ Bend-Tech today and I can't remember having a more pleasant, or informative, conversation when inquiring about a product. After our conversation, I ended up going with the Pro version http://www.2020softwaresolutions.com/bt_pro.htm as it seems like it will suit my current needs and allow for quite a bit of growth.

If anyone is interested in this software, they are running a special this week where if you buy the Pro version, they will include their new pricing module for free. here is a link to a description of it. Normally, it will be a $125 option.

http://www.2020softwaresolutions.com...read.php?t=181

Maynard James Keenan