Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Old 10-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Armchair Webbie

I remember something on 20/20 or one of those shows, that the "huffers" were quite fond of tolulene. They simply referred to it as, "T." Probably why it's hard to find.

Dave
Old 10-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lee View Post
I remember something on 20/20 or one of those shows, that the "huffers" were quite fond of toluene. They simply referred to it as, "T." Probably why it's hard to find.

Dave
So, in other words the rest of us have to suffer to save a sniffer. Your mention of "Huffers" reminds me of the time we got a call to go down to "the cabins". The cabins were little 1 bedroom shacks that were rented out by the week or month. Anyway's, the complaint came in from the mail carrier. When he delivered the mail he noticed a very strong kerosene smell.

When we got there, we noticed that Mr. Sniffer (had many dealings with him and his dysfunctional family) was home because his car was in the parking spot running (it was summer). We knocked on the door several times but got no answer. We heard the fire dept responding so we decided to wait and let them take the heat for busting down the door.

Once they gained entry, we found Mr. Sniffer sitting in a chair in the middle of the room with several pans and buckets filled with diesel fuel, and a very large fan blowing over the tops of the diesel fuel containers towards him. I guess this setup allowed him to get a good snort.........off to the bug farm he went. Several months later he died, and we immediately thought it was from sniffing something. We were all wrong. Evidently about a year prior to his death his father had shot him in the butt with an old cap and ball pistol of some sort. I guess they did the home remedy thing as far as medical attention, but the wound area kept getting re-infected because some of the lead or other things were never removed, and he ran out of Bovine antibiotics he had been buying from a farmer who bought them at a farm supply place.....such a world.

Oh, back to the subject at hand. I will call the local Sherwin Williams. If they don't have it I probably will not be able to get the Toluene around here.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter View Post
You might check with your manicurist, Pat.
Darn Darn, Darn..........I just had my nails done. Maybe I will go get my toes done so maybe she will give me a discount on the Toluene if she has it.