Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

SFT Search:   

Old 06-06-2004, 10:32 PM
Grumpy Bastard

Default Millermatic 350P

Hey is was braggin' 'bout this machine back at the old site Miller now has it on their website. And some have even showed up on ebay already.

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...atic_350_350p/

It is likely a little pricey for the hobbist. If you are a professional I highly recommend it!!!!!

Shade

"Prepare to defend yourselves."
-- Sergeant Major Basil L. Plumley, Ia Drang Valley
Old 06-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Harbor Freight Backslider

Ron, how does that compare with the famous PM300. I tried one with a "Push pull gun" at a Lincoln show recently. I was really impressed. If I was still doing a lot of aluminum, I'd sure think about it.

How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of.
???'?? ???'?
Old 06-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Grumpy Bastard

Default Belated answer.....

They do stack up fairly close but the one main difference with the Lincoln's PM 300 is you either get the push pull model or the push model. With Miller's gun on demand system you can get the push package to start and add the push pull gun later. You can't with lincoln's output's are comparable.

Miller's is a little cheaper but not enough to change if your shop is already red. I wouldn't be worth the comsumables to change.

The one thing I really liked being the owner of a (hopefully) growing business is today I have a single phase only shop. Someday I will likely have a 3 phase shop the MM350 will go either way and when on single phase is not down rated like most inverter machines.

Oh yeah and the MM350P is about 1/2 the weight of the PM300.

I have trialled the PM300 in the past, nice machine no complaints. All my guns, spoolgun and consumables are miller. Throwing red into the mix would get messy and the my local Miller reps are great to work with.

"Prepare to defend yourselves."
-- Sergeant Major Basil L. Plumley, Ia Drang Valley
Old 06-15-2004, 06:21 AM
Harbor Freight Backslider

I'm a "Blue" fan myself, my only Rred one is my Ranger. I was just asking as a reference, as I've never seen the 350P. But I did try the PM300 and was impressed.

How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of.
???'?? ???'?