Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

SFT Search:   

Old 06-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Why, Hell Yes!

seal the floor before you move in!
you will be glad you did!
i used thompsons water seal and i've used an armour all sealer found at walmart too.
Randy
Old 06-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Team DeSade

Randy,
I'm planning on putting down VCT flooring eventually in mine. Hadn't really given any thought to sealing it beforehand. Any idea if one of those would interfere with the adhesion of the glue for the tiles?

Also, would it be prudent to do moisture tests on the concrete first to make sure it's finished drying?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:23 PM

Not much happening here lately with the "Red Barn" demo except I have gave away a few items that was stored in there for awhile. The old homemade grinder I gave it to a co-worker/friend since his bench grinder bit the dust.

We plugged it in before he took it home and it worked like a champ, now mine will probably go out. Anyway I told him if it was me I would definitely replace the power cord for a more heavy duty one and also the grind stone for a new one, he did and is very happy so I am too.

Also the kid that was helping my electrican Darrell sure was eye-balling a old Honda 125 fourwheeler I had in the barn that was mostly parts. I told Darrell if he wants it come get it, it's his.

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Homemade Grinder.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	33396  
Old 07-16-2008, 10:55 PM

I put the old barn tin up for sale on craigslist last weekend, that a friend of mine suggested I do, I though well I probably end up hauling it off to the metal recycler before it's all said and done anyway.

I can't believe the amount of calls I got on this stuff, there are lots of people wanting this to decorate with and use for arts and crafts. I had one guy come over Sunday and he ended up buying the whole roof.

He said he had a deer cabin in West Texas he was going to use it on the ceilings inside, he only wanted the rusted roof, was not interested in the painted one's at all.

I do have a lady that is interested in the painted sheets and said if I still have not sold it by Saturday that she would be out to look at them and probably would take them off my hands.

One guy even called me from California inquiring about it.

Tony
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	East Roof Tin.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	34221   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rusted Tin Roof.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	34222   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic of Interior Tin.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	34223   Click image for larger version

Name:	Northside Tin Red Paint.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	34224  
Old 07-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Director of Product Reviews

There are many restaurants that use weathered material for their interior. I myself have some that I plan to use in the basement for the bar area I'm building. A few year ago there was a house that the owners were planning to push over with a dozer. The owner told me about it and said what a shame someone couldn't use the tongue and groove pine material that was used to cover the floor, ceiling and walls in this house. I told him hold my beer and watch this. That house looked like swiss cheese when I was finished getting everything I wanted. I still have a good bit of that material left after using it on many other projects.

Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call,
Wanted to sail upon your waters
since I was three feet tall.
You've seen it all, you've seen it all.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:34 AM

Thumbs up

Well after a "no show" from this one guy that was " so hot to trot and couldn't seem to wait to get off the phone when talking to him" to come and get the remaining painted sheets. We called this lady that had called earlier in the week and told her the paint sheets was still available and she came right out and bought what I had already taken down, 14 misc sized sheets.

I still have 17-8ft painted side sheets that I still have to remove, and she said call me and I'll buy those also.

I have 55-12ft roof sheets I still have to remove also but I have until October to get those off. That's when the guy with the deer cabin needs them. Man it's to "HOT" to be on that roof during the day. :evil:

I do still have several of these small panels maybe 2ft long that I'm going to list another ad on craigslist, mostly could be used for arts&crafts or what ever, I'll see what kind of response I get with them.

Tony
Old 08-09-2008, 02:55 PM

I started back on the barn here last Wednesday late afternoon after a little cool front come through and it clouded up pretty good, but my teardown work that day came with a price.

My last sheet of tin for the day was done and I leaned over to pick up some roofing nails to throw in the bucket and the pain hit me in my lower back. It was just like back in the spring when I injured my back then.

Apparently I have a pinched nerve and it will definitely get your attention quick when it gets out of place. Of course as my luck has it my chiropractor is out of town until the following Wednesday for vacation.

Usually he can set me straight,my back that is .

This last Friday we had another cool front day High 95 :evil: and I thought man if my back wasn't so screwed up I could probably have nearly all that tin off.

So setting here in some pain, here's a few pics of the slow progress.

Tony
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Inside shot of roof.JPG
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	34931   Click image for larger version

Name:	Barn tear down roof.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	34932   Click image for larger version

Name:	Northside roof teardown.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	34933   Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Barn tin roof.JPG
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	34934   Click image for larger version

Name:	Southside roof teardown.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	34935  

Old 08-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Team DeSade

Watch out for that back. You only get one.

Definitely looks like you have your work cut out for you on the demo job.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:58 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Southers

Quote:
Originally Posted by randydupree View Post
if you keep your trailer loaded with junk,no one will steal it!
i had a friend that always wanted to borrow my truck,so i started loading in down with trash everytime he called,he took it to the dump once,and never called again!
My boss is Director of Public Works and he drives a county p/u. One monday morning he came out to go to work and someone had loaded his truck to overfull with junk (old carpet, household trash). What a laugh we got. He had to call the cops and report a drive by trashing.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Blast this!

And which one of your coworkers was smiling the most. ?:evil::evil::evil: