Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

SFT Search:   

Old 04-30-2016, 06:36 PM

12-29-1943 to 1-17-2020
Curmudgeon emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivTec View Post

Congratulations, you've succeeded in running off yet another small business.
That's the way to make America great again... attack small business.

Apologies will be accepted... sniff, sniff
Before you run off mad let me extend my internet-style "customer service". I'll limit it to only three examples, all from page 2 - your first Product page:

Quote:
Do to it's efficiency it is useful even in a worst case power situation. It only weighs 20 lbs. and is about the size of a small breadbox. Just tote it around and plug it in anywhere... your in "go-mode" with this machine!
"Do to"? Seriously, dude? "Do to" does not mean "due to".
That may seem a trivial matter to you but when you're going to all that trouble to represent an actual business with a 16 page website you need to realize that words really do matter. Few things turn me away faster from a business claiming to fly above the competition than sloppy language. Posting "do to" and misusing "your" in place of "you're" in a forum posting is one thing; expecting people to ignore it in advertising is another.
Quote:
THIS MACHINE IS ESPECIALLY AMAZING! IMAGINE ABLE TO CUT 1" FROM A MACHINE THAT IS THE SIZE OF A LUNCHBOX AND WEIGHS ONLY 20 LBS AND OPERATES ON ANYTHING FROM 90 TO 264 VOLTS SINGLE PHASE.
Hint: I believe you left out an entire word in the second SHOUTED sentence, "BEING", perhaps?

Here's my point: if you don't take your own published word seriously enough to proof read them or even hire a professional to vet them for you, then I am probably not alone in saying I don't put much stock in your credibility. If you're not serious about what you say then it follows that you're probably not serious about what you claim to do.
As the old saying goes, "You don't get a second chance to make a first impression".

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"I am not a body, I am free.
For I am still as God created me."
Old 05-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Below Wholesale

Quote:
Proper business dictates that I provide it as a loan with security.
My post did clearly state that after, I would provide full refund.
No purchase expected.

I realize you are a small potato vendor but it is standard practice for vendors/manufacturers to send demo tools to people to review at no cost in exchange for a unbiased review. This can be seen in the thousands of blog and youtube tool review guys.
Personally I would never buy a "all in one" machine. If it goes down you now have lost 3 tools not one for however long it takes to get going again.
You know what scares me the most about your product? Your company. You may sell the finest imported product imaginable but everything eventually everything will need parts or service. What are your customers going to do in the future when your Chinese supplier decides not to support parts or worse off you lose interest/die/run the company into the ground?
Old 05-01-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry View Post
I realize you are a small potato vendor but it is standard practice for vendors/manufacturers to send demo tools to people to review at no cost in exchange for a unbiased review. This can be seen in the thousands of blog and youtube tool review guys.
Personally I would never buy a "all in one" machine. If it goes down you now have lost 3 tools not one for however long it takes to get going again.
You know what scares me the most about your product? Your company. You may sell the finest imported product imaginable but everything eventually everything will need parts or service. What are your customers going to do in the future when your Chinese supplier decides not to support parts or worse off you lose interest/die/run the company into the ground?
I did offer to send a demo machine at no cost... ask ShadTree for confirmation.

Your... "i would never buy a all in one machine" comment makes varying degrees of sense depending upon the situation. If a business, it could beneficial to have separate machines so different jobs could be done at the same time. However, if your a DIY guy then all in one could be best. And with regard to cost the multi-function here costs far less than buying even one single function machine of the other brands. It's subjective.

Regarding failure and having no support. As I mentioned in a previous post our machines use generic (readily available) components, no special proprietary components that lock the customer to the manufacture. That is important and extremely rare. These are not complicated machines, just high-tech done right!

If ever our nation starts respecting small business again and eliminates all the restrictions, I have plans to build inverter machines here in the USA. I do not claim to know everything but, I know I'm an expert in my field.

Finding someone to repair it would be the difficult task, due to the lack of qualified electronics technicians in the USA. But, your logic I think is flawed. It's like saying, I'd better not drive my car because I could get in to an accident.

Based on your logic your only option is to buy single function machines... Plasma for over a thousand + AC-DC TIG/Stick for over a thousand and then after warranty, either fail (it does happen) then pay $800 to over $1000 to replace the board, or buy another new one.

Those repair costs have been reported to me by many that have bought Hobart or Miller and have been amazed at the repair cost quoted to them. That may be an interesting internet search to see what typical repair costs are for various machines.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter View Post
Before you run off mad let me extend my internet-style "customer service". I'll limit it to only three examples, all from page 2 - your first Product page:

That may seem a trivial matter to you but when you're going to all that trouble to represent an actual business with a 16 page website you need to realize that words really do matter. Few things turn me away faster from a business claiming to fly above the competition than sloppy language. Posting "do to" and misusing "your" in place of "you're" in a forum posting is one thing; expecting people to ignore it in advertising is another.

Hint: I believe you left out an entire word in the second SHOUTED sentence, "BEING", perhaps?

Here's my point: if you don't take your own published word seriously enough to proof read them or even hire a professional to vet them for you, then I am probably not alone in saying I don't put much stock in your credibility. If you're not serious about what you say then it follows that you're probably not serious about what you claim to do.
As the old saying goes, "You don't get a second chance to make a first impression".

I'm not mad... just disappointed and frustrated at the negativity and unsubstantiated comments from people that don't realize just how silly their opinions are.

Really Cutter your down this level of finding fault. (ooops! I forgot the word "to" in the previous sentence)

I really don't care about spelling or punctuation when I want to convey myself as a unique small business that is informal and can provide a hell of allot more of a personalized service than big companies. Innovation comes from guy's in a garage and small businesses. You want to bash that?

Havn't you had enough of big businesses that are morphing into forms of goverment? (the mISSSpellings are to give you a ruSH, BTW)

What's with everyone finding fault and not features?

It seems this forum has evolved (or maybe always been this way) into a social group only... with very little creativity being expressed and shared.

It's like everyone is angry or maybe each just want to fit into the group and somehow this group has evolved into a negative entity.

It does seems to be common in online forms sad to say.

If I start getting positive comments, like serious questions regarding the technology I'll stay around and contribute information that should be of interest at least, and generate sales at best.

That is my objective, to offer great machines at great prices... and generate sales, while enjoying the appreciation that a small business can provide machines that out perform the "popular" brands for a hell of allot less cost. That coupled with superior technical support... and still you and your "crew" find fault with that.

What is wrong you guys? (ooops! i forgot the word "with" and forgot to capitalize I)

Well, at least my web stats show many members went to my site. At least it shows interest. No positive comments though. It's as if virtually everyone here is here only for the socializing and really not all that interested the subject matter.

It's become just a waste of time for me.

So be it... mission accomplished.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Grumpy Bastard

Quote:
I did offer to send a demo machine at no cost... ask ShadTree for confirmation.
No you did not, you said we could pay you for one and then you would
give a full refund when we returned it, that is not the same thing.

"Prepare to defend yourselves."
-- Sergeant Major Basil L. Plumley, Ia Drang Valley
Old 05-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Grumpy Bastard

Quote:
Since there would be a significant number of people to evaluate it, each could
contribute to the cost of the machine. When the evaluation is over I would
provide full refund
unless someone decides to keep it. We could use
PayPal to handle the funding.
I bet I could get a Miller Machine and a Lincoln Machine delivered for
evaluation and picked up at no cost other than the consumables we use.

"Prepare to defend yourselves."
-- Sergeant Major Basil L. Plumley, Ia Drang Valley
Old 05-01-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:

I'm not mad... just disappointed and frustrated at the negativity and unsubstantiated comments from people that don't realize just how silly their opinions are.

Really Cutter your down this level of finding fault. (ooops! I forgot the word "to" in the previous sentence)

I really don't care about spelling or punctuation when I want to convey myself as a unique small business that is informal and can provide a hell of allot more of a personalized service than big companies. Innovation comes from guy's in a garage and small businesses. You want to bash that?
Indeed, tell your customers how silly their opinions are, that'll sell more of your junk!

Of course you don't care about spelling, you don't care enough to actually sell a quality product. You just hawk cheap chinese junk to turn a quick profit. Maybe you should go read this: https://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/...fect-business/

Phone support to tell a customer to go replace a part is "personalized service"??? BWAHAHAHA!!! That's a good one!

Quote:
Havn't you had enough of big businesses that are morphing into forms of goverment? (the mISSSpellings are to give you a ruSH, BTW)
I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories in general, but hey, just because they are out to get you doesn't mean they won't!

Quote:
What's with everyone finding fault and not features?
I could have a Corinthian leather interior and a very nice stereo with a full nav system installed in Yugo, but why would I want to?

Quote:
It seems this forum has evolved (or maybe always been this way) into a social group only... with very little creativity being expressed and shared.

It's like everyone is angry or maybe each just want to fit into the group and somehow this group has evolved into a negative entity.
Or maybe you just can't accept that people don't agree with your product or business model.

No one was "angry" with your initial few posts, but as soon as someone said "no" you wouldn't let it go.

Quote:
It does seems to be common in online forms sad to say.

If I start getting positive comments, like serious questions regarding the technology I'll stay around and contribute information that should be of interest at least, and generate sales at best.

That is my objective, to offer great machines at great prices... and generate sales, while enjoying the appreciation that a small business can provide machines that out perform the "popular" brands for a hell of allot less cost. That coupled with superior technical support... and still you and your "crew" find fault with that.
You just don't get it. Your prices might be lower, but your product isn't "great". It's a cheap Chinese welder that you yourself admit isn't built all that well. As for performance, I don't think having multiple processes makes it "perform" better, it just provides an "all-in-one" solution.

Sorry, phone support ain't "superior technical support", no matter which parts you can instruct your customer to go replace.

Quote:
What is wrong you guys? (ooops! i forgot the word "with" and forgot to capitalize I)

Well, at least my web stats show many members went to my site. At least it shows interest. No positive comments though. It's as if virtually everyone here is here only for the socializing and really not all that interested the subject matter.

It's become just a waste of time for me.

So be it... mission accomplished.
Yep, watched your videos, then finally discovered the main website, hit it and left it within about 30 seconds as soon as I saw it was just a rebranded Chinese box.

But, hey, if you want to "count" those hits and they make you feel all business like, have at it.

You haven't listened to one GD word of criticism anyone has given, and I gave you some very constructive stuff initially, but nope, all you want to do is keep repeating yourself, tell us what an expert you are and how great your machine and phone support is.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:07 PM
I can dig it

I'm just going to say this, that I'll stick to Lincoln, Miller, Hypertherm, Esab and Thermadyne.

Tried, tested, and lots of support there too if or when it's needed. Funny though, only support I've needed was to figure out a process or to improve it, not how to change out a transistor.

Sent from my iPhone using SFT
Old 05-01-2016, 10:16 PM
The Real Deal

Some customer reviews
Old 05-01-2016, 11:28 PM

Priceless!

And matches similar type complaints on many other forums too.

Tags
plasma, plasma cutting, stick welding, tig welding, welding