Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Old 11-21-2005, 05:06 PM

Default challenger car lift

I got a challenger twin beam car lift off a buddy for free. It doesn't have the hydrolics with it. Anyone know a good place that sells the parts I need in a package? I have looked in Northern and haven't found anything yet. thanks for the input.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:23 PM
SFT HVAC Guru

Send a message via AIM to rickairmedic Send a message via MSN to rickairmedic Send a message via Yahoo to rickairmedic

Swamp yankee ya might try the guys over at garage junkies one of the sights I frequent they are all about garage toys there and can prolly help ya out o the lift .

Rick

Politically Correct : A term used for whiny pu**ies that need sh*t sugar coated .
Old 11-21-2005, 05:25 PM

thanks for the tip
Old 11-21-2005, 05:27 PM
SFT HVAC Guru

Send a message via AIM to rickairmedic Send a message via MSN to rickairmedic Send a message via Yahoo to rickairmedic

No problem if knobody there has an answer for you there prolly isnt one then prolly a third of them have lifts and know where to get parts for them .

Rick

Politically Correct : A term used for whiny pu**ies that need sh*t sugar coated .
Old 11-21-2005, 05:42 PM

I have a 4 post Backyard Buddy and a two post above ground. Both lifts use hydraulic cylinders and electric motor/pump/tank combination. I think Surplus center (on web) (www.surpluscenter.com) as well as Northern Hydraulics sells these motor pump combinations. Basically the whole motor/pump/valve/tank are included in a package. Can come in both 110 and 220 models. Considering the lift was free to you.... I think the added hydraulics of 3-4 hundred bucks is a real deal. I paid alot more for each of my lifts.

Alan
Old 11-21-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Thanks Quadlinear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadlinear
I have a 4 post Backyard Buddy and a two post above ground. Both lifts use hydraulic cylinders and electric motor/pump/tank combination. I think Surplus center (on web) (www.surpluscenter.com) as well as Northern Hydraulics sells these motor pump combinations. Basically the whole motor/pump/valve/tank are included in a package. Can come in both 110 and 220 models. Considering the lift was free to you.... I think the added hydraulics of 3-4 hundred bucks is a real deal. I paid alot more for each of my lifts.

Alan
My Hydra lifts pump is starting to make growling sounds and I may need a pump down the road. Here is my lift which I use for more of a work / welding table.
http://www.hydra-lift.com/ Mine is the model 710, and the best 4 grand I've ever spent.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:21 PM

Wayne,

If it's beginning to growl, try to change the hyd fluid first. When oil gets dirty it will make the pump louder. Oil is the lifeblood of any hydraulic system. It's very imperitive to keep it clean.

Nice Lift you have there though. I use my Backyard buddy more for a dual level parking for the Porsches. The Two poster I have installed at my other shop where I have a taller ceiling and can actually walk underneath without crashing my head into something.

Alan
Old 11-21-2005, 11:47 PM

12-29-1943 to 1-17-2020
Curmudgeon emeritus

Flashy avatar you got there, Alan.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"I am not a body, I am free.
For I am still as God created me."