Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Old 03-04-2005, 02:20 AM

Thanks Cutter. I was in your town not too long ago at Western Implement. Some really nice folks there. Glad to be aboard.
Would really be nice if this SA 200 is the diamond in the rough Marko is looking for.

Lance
Old 03-04-2005, 02:44 AM

12-29-1943 to 1-17-2020
Curmudgeon emeritus

You know what, Carey? That makes so much sense I had to laugh - not at your post but because your argument is just so good that it was fun to read it. I doubt that Marko will be diverted though; he just ain't gonna be satisfied until he has the experience of the dc arc, I believe. When I was a kid we had a Guernsey nurse cow named Moonlight who was fascinated with electricity, especially during thunderstorms. The windmill had a cast iron ratchet with a length of light gauge chain that ran about 15 fit up to a heavy wire rod that then went on up to the mechanism that pulled the tail in to shut her down. Moonlight learned that she could experience a buzz if she stuck her nose up to that chain when lightning was playing around the sky & that became her hobby for a while. She would creep up to the windmill & very carefully nuzzle that chain until the arc jumped out against her nose - I could hear it sizzle - then she would leap backwards a few steps, shake her big old head and then repeat the process. She just couldn't leave it alone for a while but eventually it wore off & she went on to master electric fences.
I think Marko is just going to have to get his buzz.

Too bad you can't rent one for a month or so, Marko.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"I am not a body, I am free.
For I am still as God created me."
Old 03-04-2005, 03:02 AM

12-29-1943 to 1-17-2020
Curmudgeon emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis8
Thanks Cutter. I was in your town not too long ago at Western Implement. Some really nice folks there. Glad to be aboard.
Would really be nice if this SA 200 is the diamond in the rough Marko is looking for.

Lance
yep. Marko needs his fix. And heck, I sympathize even though I don't share this particular obsession. I have my own, lots of them.
I need to get down to Midland pretty soon to see my elder daughter.

Hey Lance, we have an old thread that needs to be revived - "Show Your Dog" - why don't you post a picture or three of Elvis? Dog show & tells are pretty popular here. Use the old thread (below) then maybe some of the other new members will follow suit.

http://shopfloortalk.com/forums/show...hlight=pet%27s

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"I am not a body, I am free.
For I am still as God created me."
Old 03-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Elite Member

I think Carey said what I wanted to say, but didn't. I couldn't agree much more, my Bobcat is great for those reasons, I have used it sitting in the back of a half ton pickup when needed. If marko wants something a little better, go with a trailblazer or something of that caliber, but for the useage he's likely to get out of it, a SA 200 would be way overkill, moreso than most people's skill at stick welding.

Cutter's title also makes me laugh, Elite Curmudgeon. According to the dictionary, that's an ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions. And an elite one to boot!

disclaimer: I have met cutter, and in no way, shape or form does this describe him, and I have not been associated with the applying of this title. Let's keep it this way
Old 03-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to storts
Default Carey Hit It On The Head

CARY HIT IT BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE!!!! Read it once or 5 times and the more you read it,,BINGO!!! Unless you know ahead, 75% of my road jobs are 2 or 3 ros, some heat, and cutting, and tour gone, most times takes longer to run your leads, cords.etc, than the Job itself,anybody see the same as we do?,Jack
Old 03-04-2005, 10:34 AM

I saw that machine for sale 6 or 8 months ago, the only reason I remember it is because of that funky expanded metal guard thing hanging off of it.

What ever came of that late model Classic I in Louisiana?

JTMcC.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMcC.
I saw that machine for sale 6 or 8 months ago, the only reason I remember it is because of that funky expanded metal guard thing hanging off of it.......
JTMcC.
Well John, If you saw it for sale less than a year ago, and it's up again....It might not be that "diamond-in-the-rough".......maybe just "In-the-rough".

I tried calling that yard today, but only got an answering machine saying that they we're going to be "In and out" for the next few weeks.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:19 PM

I think I saw it at the same site so I'd guess they either have had it for sale for a long time, or it's a stock photo.

That one in LA looked like the best deal I've seen in years, what didn't you like about that one?

JTMcC.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMcC.
.......That one in LA looked like the best deal I've seen in years, what didn't you like about that one?

JTMcC.
"Didn't like about it" ? ! ........NOT A THING !....She was a real "sweetie" !....but I couldn't get over there anytime soon...(that's a fair drive for me)....so I didn't really pursue it.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:17 PM

That's why they have convieniently put those truck terminals in every town

I've been looking at these machines for many years and that was the best late model deal I ever saw.

JTMcC.