Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

SFT Search:   

Old 02-05-2019, 01:13 AM
Post Fiend

There used to be a guy on here that was dealing Everlasts. He was quite helpful at first but seems to have gone off to bigger and better things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe1942 View Post
I would go with the Vulcan brand at HF. They just started carrying the brand and it has good reviews..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalWolf View Post
Moe If you're looking at picking one up while your there, take a look at the new green one's Titanium I believe is what they are branded very similar to the Vulcans a bit cheaper but I think the duty cycle is a bit lower but I'll prolly buy me one of the green ones for stainless...
I had a HF manager give me the skizzy on their new offerings. Quite excited he was... Apparently they pilfered a manager/engineer from one of the "big" brands to help them create the Vulcan series. I think they are made in India.

I'm not really in the market but the last time I was in HF I perused the offerings both Vulcan and Titanium. There were good deals for multi-machines (MIG and DC TIG) and AC/DC TIG/stick. I think a 200A AC/DC TIG was about a grand and a multi-machine $700ish--I don't quite recall the exact pricing. And if you could use a 20% off coupon the deal would be even sweeter! $800 for an AC/DC TIG (with foot pedal and 17 torch) is a great deal, IMO.

To put it into perspective, my TA 185 AC/DC TIG was $1800 introductory-priced about 10 years ago. Made in Japan. They soon went up to $2100ish considering the comparable Miller Dynasty 200 was $2600ish. The TA is still going strong, not a lick of trouble with it...

TA Arcmaster 185 w/tig/stick kit
MillerMatic 252 w/3rd gen 30A
MM140 w/o AS, w/CO2
Hobart (Miller) 625 plasma
Hobart 250ci plasma
Victor O/A (always ready, but bored)
Lincoln Patriot autodark (freebie)
45ACP Black Talons for those stubborn jobs...
Old 02-05-2019, 01:45 AM
Elite Member

TA-185 was $1600.00.. It's what I paid that for the last generation of the Arcmaster 185. The HF machines have a somewhat funky built quality compared to the cheaper China machine. India stuff seem kind hit and miss Yes, even the KTM Motorcycles built there. Hopefully they test drive them Vulcan's, just to get the bugs out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ZtIri4f8c3M
Old 02-05-2019, 01:54 AM
Lubrication Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccutter View Post
There used to be a guy on here that was dealing Everlasts. He was quite helpful at first but seems to have gone off to bigger and better things...

I had a HF manager give me the skizzy on their new offerings. Quite excited he was... Apparently they pilfered a manager/engineer from one of the "big" brands to help them create the Vulcan series. I think they are made in India.

I'm not really in the market but the last time I was in HF I perused the offerings both Vulcan and Titanium. There were good deals for multi-machines (MIG and DC TIG) and AC/DC TIG/stick. I think a 200A AC/DC TIG was about a grand and a multi-machine $700ish--I don't quite recall the exact pricing. And if you could use a 20% off coupon the deal would be even sweeter! $800 for an AC/DC TIG (with foot pedal and 17 torch) is a great deal, IMO.

To put it into perspective, my TA 185 AC/DC TIG was $1800 introductory-priced about 10 years ago. Made in Japan. They soon went up to $2100ish considering the comparable Miller Dynasty 200 was $2600ish. The TA is still going strong, not a lick of trouble with it...
I think they are all good machines, and that is when you get a good one in any of the four colors red, blue, orange and green ones... and the only thing separating them now days is the price! I think we will find flaw in all of them in something we are not happy with in one way or another and some will find that it is just cost that separates them from each other as the technology is so close in comparison and or same but I don't think better an as I mentioned before they just keep getting better and better each year you got to admit that HF has come along way with their machines...

I will say this I depend on my machine to a good job and stand up to all the work I need it to do, some light duty but more of it is heavy welding and has not disappointed me yet... and I am glad it has performed very well for me.

I Have Only One Wish, To Achieve "Pura Vida" In All That I Do!

Last edited by MetalWolf; 02-09-2019 at 03:20 PM.