Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Fabrication

SFT Search:   

Old 03-10-2022, 10:32 AM
Boiler God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy View Post
facebook is an unmerciful pile of shit that should be burned to the ground. It has done nothing in this world only damage.

The whole point of a forum is to share openly.
C’mon don’t hold back, tell us how you really feel……………
Old 03-10-2022, 10:48 AM
Director of Languages

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus20 View Post
C’mon don’t hold back, tell us how you really feel……………
That was me holding back
Old 03-10-2022, 10:52 AM
Boiler God

Back to the originally scheduled program, we rejoin with the program already in progress

While I did not build my belt grinder, opting instead on a 2” x 48” Australian sourced design, marketed by Jancy in the USA. Norm can tell you, it has become one of the most used pieces of equipment in the shop. I could not imagine not having one.
Old 03-10-2022, 11:42 AM
The Right Stuff

Send a message via AIM to tigman250 Send a message via MSN to tigman250

Quote:
Back to the originally scheduled program, we rejoin with the program already in progress

While I did not build my belt grinder, opting instead on a 2” x 48” Australian sourced design, marketed by Jancy in the USA. Norm can tell you, it has become one of the most used pieces of equipment in the shop. I could not imagine not having one.
I have a 1" X 42" and a 2" X 48", the 1" has a .33 HP and the 2" has a .5 HP, with course belts and 1018 I stall them frequently, wish they both had a bit more grunt. Both commercial units by Kalamazoo with Baldor motors. I assume they are built to a pricepoint therefore the smallish motors. If the motors ever go on them I will at least be doubling the HP with the replacement. I am the same Platypus, they get used daily, I only keep a bench grinder in the shop now so I have a wire wheel ready to go at all times, the belt grinders have made the stone wheel versions obsolete IMO.

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin!
Old 03-10-2022, 01:20 PM
Boiler God

I have a 2” x 48” Jancy with a 2 hp motor at 3600 fpm, a 2” x 48” Burr-King with a 3 hp motor at 4200 fpm and a Delta/Rockwell 6” x 48”with a 3 hp motor at 2100 fpm. The Delta/Rockwell is rarely used the Burr-King is in storage and the Jancy Radiusmaster is front and center
Old 03-10-2022, 02:24 PM
The Right Stuff

Send a message via AIM to tigman250 Send a message via MSN to tigman250

Quote:
I have a 2” x 48” Jancy with a 2 hp motor at 3600 fpm, a 2” x 48” Burr-King with a 3 hp motor at 4200 fpm and a Delta/Rockwell 6” x 48”with a 3 hp motor at 2100 fpm. The Delta/Rockwell is rarely used the Burr-King is in storage and the Jancy Radiusmaster is front and center
the 2 HP do good on the 2X48?

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin!
Old 03-10-2022, 02:45 PM
Made From Scratch

I have a 2x72 Coote knifemakers grinder and I put a 1.5 horse motor on it cause I couldn't run anything bigger without rewiring the shop. It does good for general fabricating tasks but if I want to rough out a knife blank or something like that I can easily stall the motor.

I run 3M ceramic (cubitron) belts in grits below 220 grit. They are specifically designed for high speed, high pressure grinding. They have incredible belt life, but the grit is designed to fracture as you are running it to expose new edges. If you don't hog on them once in awhile they will actually begin to act like a dull/dead belt.
Other belts, especially with open coat abrasives can be a bit more forgiving on a light horse power grinder, but the belt life is a lot less.

I also have retired my stone wheel bench grinder to running a wire wheel since I got the belt grinder.
Old 03-10-2022, 04:31 PM
Yobbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepi View Post
No Karren, it is not, people on facebook think they can pick up a turd from the clean end.
Yes Katherine it is, the only thing wrong with Facebook is Zuckerberg and his silly community standards, political correctness gone wrong. There is nothing wrong with the people who use it, they are the same people who use forums such as this.

However the 'community standards' Facebook have introduced are ridiculous: I can't say 'Jap Bikes' every time I do I get banned for 30 days. Jap bikes is simply an abbreviation in common use, no different from Brit twins.

Facebook groups enjoy a lot more traffic than off Facebook groups such as this and provide millions of people with interesting entertainment.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:39 PM
Boiler God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggo View Post

However the 'community standards' Facebook have introduced are ridiculous: I can't say 'Jap Bikes' every time I do I get banned for 30 days. Jap bikes is simply an abbreviation in common use, no different from Brit twins.
OMG, do you actually listen the shit comes out of your mouth??

Jap is a derogatory WWII slur used during a war, there is no place for it in today’s society, how you like it as your being Australian, people refer to all of your country’s population as Outback Kangaroo Fuckers. Think about it

Your comment just proves what a racist piece of shit you are, bragging about it. You been banned numerous times from all kinds of site, maybe you should look at the common denominator, which is you.

Ignoring is too good for you, you need a life time ban, with legal prosecution if you come back.

Last edited by platypus20; 03-10-2022 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2022, 06:09 PM
Auction Addict

I'd have to agree with Jack. Brit twins is an abbreviation, not intended to be a slur. Jap, is a slur. I think he needs to either learn how to talk and well as learn how to stop being such an ass to everyone.

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato

LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!

B biggest
I idot
D democrats
E ever
N nominated