Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Members Only > SFT Information

SFT Search:   

Old 03-24-2005, 10:03 AM
SFT HVAC Guru

Send a message via AIM to rickairmedic Send a message via MSN to rickairmedic Send a message via Yahoo to rickairmedic
Default Chat Room

Just wanted too bring this up too the top for the newer guys the chat room is still up and running the link too it is aqt the beginning of this thread anyone here is welcome too go over and sighn up and as always if you would like too chat live with other members here at any time just post here that you are going over there and I am sure somebody will show up as far as a set weekly chat time it is still up in the air I personally only have internet access at the office currently so I am only on line durring the week from 8AM till 5ish PM monday through friday but you guys are welcome too come up with a day and time and go for it ooooooh yeah and POST PICTURES we like pictures over there you can still set up your own album for pictures

Rick
Old 03-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Big Shovel

Not to shoot down the chat room idea, just another suggestion (since there never seems to be anyone there when I check) ........But with Yahoo IM i think you can set up a priate chat room while Instant messaging?? I see a few ppl here have yahoo, so it might be another easy way to chat with someone that is already at SFT.
Just a suggestion
Old 03-24-2005, 11:08 AM
SFT HVAC Guru

Send a message via AIM to rickairmedic Send a message via MSN to rickairmedic Send a message via Yahoo to rickairmedic

That is an excelent option DD and I have done it many times with members of my truck club however you can only get a certain number of peaple into a yahoo chat thing so if you go over I think 5 chatters then you might have too revert too the SFT chat room . I have popped into the chat room a few times recently and waqs all alone in there myself

Rick
Old 03-24-2005, 03:03 PM
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Dman033189

Quote:
Originally Posted by john pen
Dman's idea..why net let him set a time ?
I was thinking why do we really need a set time? Maybe just saturday night whenever is best. I know we are not all on the same time so maybe whenever is best. Up to you guys though.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:32 PM
SFT HVAC Guru

As far as times go just too give you guys an idea my truck club Slick 60's meets every sunday night at 8PM central time now granted thats 9PM for me and closer too 5PM for the califooy and alaska and hawaii members but it works out well peaple usually start showing up around 7PM central and it is customary that the guy who unlocks the doors too the room and turns on the lights posts a message on the message board that chat is open thats why I recomended if you want too chat just post here that you are going too be there at whatever time and peaple will just show up at least thats how we do it over there we have many non regular chat nights where the guys just pile in and start chatting even though its not sunday night

Rick
Old 03-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Farmboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman033189
I was thinking why do we really need a set time? Maybe just saturday night whenever is best. I know we are not all on the same time so maybe whenever is best. Up to you guys though.
I think it would work a lot better if we had a set time. That way, you don't have people wondering in and out since nobody is there. If we said be there at "insert time here" everyone would know what time to shoot for. Now all we need is for everyone to agree on a time...
Old 03-24-2005, 09:25 PM

12-29-1943 to 1-17-2020
Curmudgeon emeritus

I really need to introduce you guys to my ex-wife.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"I am not a body, I am free.
For I am still as God created me."
Old 03-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Dodge City Marshal

Awl Cutter's ex's live in Texas?

Quote:
Knock, knock. Anyone home? Anyone there? Barack Obama exists only as the sock puppet of his handlers, of the people who have maneuvered and manufactured this pathetic individual’s life.
http://factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com/...ieve-life.html
Old 03-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Farmboy

Does 7ish on saturdays work for anyone or how about sunday afternoons? It really dont matter to me when it is we should just get a time set
Old 06-24-2005, 01:12 AM

So how do I get in on this?

MM130XP-SOLD!

MM210

Synchowave 180SD

Spectrum 625

Miller BWE Canadian

Smith O/A Set up