Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

SFT Search:   
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1691  
Old 07-17-2022, 09:19 AM
Shade Tree Welder's Avatar
Shade Tree Welder Shade Tree Welder is offline
Grumpy Bastard
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kankakee County, IL
Posts: 22,245
Default

https://www.unitedstatesfittings.com/

https://www.charlottepipe.com/made_in_the_usa.aspx

https://www.plumbingsupply.com/made-...-supplies.html

https://advancefittings.com/
__________________
Shade

"Prepare to defend yourselves."
-- Sergeant Major Basil L. Plumley, Ia Drang Valley
Reply With Quote
  #1692  
Old 07-17-2022, 04:15 PM
OldRedFord's Avatar
OldRedFord OldRedFord is offline
Kibble King
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hull GA
Posts: 4,471
Send a message via AIM to OldRedFord Send a message via Yahoo to OldRedFord
Default

Went back together woth Rectorseal T plus 2. No leaks this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0717221706.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	165262  
__________________
Tim
Self appointed director of junk, and old vehicles.
Reply With Quote
  #1693  
Old 07-17-2022, 08:51 PM
Shade Tree Welder's Avatar
Shade Tree Welder Shade Tree Welder is offline
Grumpy Bastard
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kankakee County, IL
Posts: 22,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRedFord View Post
Went back together with Rectorseal T plus 2. No leaks this time.
Todd and I worked at Castrol back in the day. We have been hunting buddies ever since, great guy. His wife is product manager at Rectorseal. Great products. Texas company.
__________________
Shade

"Prepare to defend yourselves."
-- Sergeant Major Basil L. Plumley, Ia Drang Valley
Reply With Quote
  #1694  
Old 07-18-2022, 03:10 PM
mccutter's Avatar
mccutter mccutter is offline
Do I have a life?
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 10,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRedFord View Post
Went back together woth Rectorseal T plus 2. No leaks this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade Tree Welder View Post
His wife is product manager at Rectorseal. Great products. Texas company.
I rebuilt these 44yo washing machine stops not too long ago. While I would have rather replaced the "guts", they no longer make this style so I could only put new rubber washers and screws. Was trying not to have to tear the wall apart to put new fixtures in. I did use RS initially but not enough--had a "nuisance leak" at the arrow. There is no gasket or copper washer. A little bit more did the trick (excess has been wiped off). Dry as a bone now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	washerstops.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	165267  
__________________

TA Arcmaster 185 w/tig/stick kit
MillerMatic 252 w/3rd gen 30A
MM140 w/o AS, w/CO2
Hobart (Miller) 625 plasma
Hobart 250ci plasma
Victor O/A (always ready, but bored)
HF 80 lunchbox w/tig
45ACP Black Talons for those stubborn jobs...
Reply With Quote
  #1695  
Old 09-28-2022, 06:33 PM
OldRedFord's Avatar
OldRedFord OldRedFord is offline
Kibble King
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hull GA
Posts: 4,471
Send a message via AIM to OldRedFord Send a message via Yahoo to OldRedFord
Default

Guess it's time for a bit of a update.

Weather is cooling off so I'm back finishing the electrical rough. Most of the conduit and wire pulling in the shop ceiling is finished except for the lights in the middle bay. Those four fixtures will be controlled by two, three way switches. One at the walk door coming into the shop and the other in the laundry room at the door entering the shop from the laundry.

After that is to run conduit and feeder for the sub panel in the laundry room, wire outlets in living room That should pretty much cover my rough electric work. Or at least what I'm getting inspected.

Going to be calling around to get quotes to have my septic installed. Permit expires the end of December
__________________
Tim
Self appointed director of junk, and old vehicles.
Reply With Quote
  #1696  
Old 09-28-2022, 08:36 PM
milomilo's Avatar
milomilo milomilo is offline
Auction Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wheatland, Wyoming
Posts: 18,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRedFord View Post
Guess it's time for a bit of a update.

Weather is cooling off so I'm back finishing the electrical rough. Most of the conduit and wire pulling in the shop ceiling is finished except for the lights in the middle bay. Those four fixtures will be controlled by two, three way switches. One at the walk door coming into the shop and the other in the laundry room at the door entering the shop from the laundry.

After that is to run conduit and feeder for the sub panel in the laundry room, wire outlets in living room That should pretty much cover my rough electric work. Or at least what I'm getting inspected.

Going to be calling around to get quotes to have my septic installed. Permit expires the end of December
With all the clay you have there you may find it hard to get good drainage.
__________________
Chris

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato

LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!

B biggest
I idot
D democrats
E ever
N nominated
Reply With Quote
  #1697  
Old 09-29-2022, 06:29 AM
randydupree's Avatar
randydupree randydupree is offline
Why, Hell Yes!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bainbridge Ga
Posts: 6,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
With all the clay you have there you may find it hard to get good drainage.
Chris,its amazing how that red dirt/clay in my area perks,Tim is north of me a good bit and the ground may be different,but my ground looks just like his.
Reply With Quote
  #1698  
Old 09-30-2022, 11:46 AM
OldRedFord's Avatar
OldRedFord OldRedFord is offline
Kibble King
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hull GA
Posts: 4,471
Send a message via AIM to OldRedFord Send a message via Yahoo to OldRedFord
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randydupree View Post
Chris,its amazing how that red dirt/clay in my area perks,Tim is north of me a good bit and the ground may be different,but my ground looks just like his.


Yes. I do have soil on my land that won't drain well though. When I pulled the permit the county health department sent a guy out and he went around the area where I'd like my septic field and dug a few test holes and made a map of the different soil types in the area. From what he did I need a chamber type leach field instead of just perforated pipe in gravel trenches.
__________________
Tim
Self appointed director of junk, and old vehicles.
Reply With Quote
  #1699  
Old 09-30-2022, 11:49 AM
milomilo's Avatar
milomilo milomilo is offline
Auction Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wheatland, Wyoming
Posts: 18,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRedFord View Post
Yes. I do have soil on my land that won't drain well though. When I pulled the permit the county health department sent a guy out and he went around the area where I'd like my septic field and dug a few test holes and made a map of the different soil types in the area. From what he did I need a chamber type leach field instead of just perforated pipe in gravel trenches.
Most I have seen the last few years are the infiltrator type. Less digging and best for iffy soils.
__________________
Chris

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato

LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!

B biggest
I idot
D democrats
E ever
N nominated
Reply With Quote
  #1700  
Old 09-30-2022, 04:39 PM
toprecycler's Avatar
toprecycler toprecycler is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Petoskey, Michigan
Posts: 6,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRedFord View Post
Yes. I do have soil on my land that won't drain well though. When I pulled the permit the county health department sent a guy out and he went around the area where I'd like my septic field and dug a few test holes and made a map of the different soil types in the area. From what he did I need a chamber type leach field instead of just perforated pipe in gravel trenches.

Your health department dug the holes? Wow. I had to dig the holes for my inspector to come out and view. Seems you get a better value for your permit money than I do. No wonder I hate the building department.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Brian

You don't know what you don't know.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." John Wooden
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Web Search:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.