Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Machining

SFT Search:   
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-28-2021, 02:15 AM
SmokinDodge's Avatar
SmokinDodge SmokinDodge is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeithR View Post
You gonna sign him up as an SFT member?

Ain't this place great!!
I left him my decoder ring and instructions. He’s a great guy, he rebuilds pipe organ turbines. Very very cool work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toprecycler View Post
Great, SFT comes thru again!




Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk
It always does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetrash View Post
So, ponder this Y'all it took an SFT member in Alberta in the Canuck land "Of the Ice & Snow" to find a Machinist in Washington State USA for a Redneck from Missouri "The Show Me State". The Internet is a strange place
It gets a bit better than that. This is a one off engine with ultra rare parts that’s been down for weeks. A company rep and I had to coordinate schedules just to be here at the same time to do the work. The engines from Spain, the company is from Germany and it took SFT to make it happen. There are floor of engineers that can’t get this shit right. SMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeithR View Post
But it works...
Sure does
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade Tree Welder View Post
It took an SFT member in Hellinois, to remind the redneck from Misery to post
a request on SFT for assistance so...
The universe is a funny place. I hit this wall about 2:30 pm Friday. Ron calls me around 3 pm about an unrelated matter. By 12:30 the following day I have a viable part in my hand.

The guy from the engine company is ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY by all this. As he should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midmosandblasting View Post
Smokin don't be a stranger . Miss you even watching your truck at 2 employers ago .But I am retired now so not in town very often .
It’s tough. In the last year I did about 600 hours OT and mix travel in with that. Medicine Hat AB, Cayey Puerto Rico and Puyallup Washington are just a few of my stops in the last 12 months. The little time I do get I try to spend torturing my family with my presence
__________________
The guy that said money can't buy happiness never bought a tank of fuel for a turbo diesel.............
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-29-2021, 01:39 PM
Shade Tree Welder's Avatar
Shade Tree Welder Shade Tree Welder is offline
Grumpy Bastard
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kankakee County, IL
Posts: 20,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinDodge View Post
The universe is a funny place. I hit this wall about 2:30 pm Friday. Ron calls me around 3 pm about an unrelated matter. By 12:30 the following day I have a viable part in my hand.

The guy from the engine company is ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY by all this. As he should be.
This is the way it should be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinDodge View Post
It’s tough. In the last year I did about 600 hours OT and mix travel in with that. Medicine Hat AB, Cayey Puerto Rico and Puyallup Washington are just a few of my stops in the last 12 months. The little time I do get I try to spend torturing my family with my presence
Stop whining...
__________________
Shade

"Prepare to defend yourselves."
-- Sergeant Major Basil L. Plumley, Ia Drang Valley
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-29-2021, 03:45 PM
Samcord Samcord is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Peoria
Posts: 2,333
Default

Don’t spread the word too far. They will drag us into beached freighters and aggressive airplane stairs.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-29-2021, 04:41 PM
USMCPOP's Avatar
USMCPOP USMCPOP is offline
Gold Star Dad
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Richmond, VA area
Posts: 12,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samcord View Post
Don’t spread the word too far. They will drag us into beached freighters and aggressive airplane stairs.
Speaking of beached freighters, here's the latest maritime disaster.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ship stuck in canal.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	159995  
__________________
USMCPOP
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Web Search:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.