Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

SFT Search:   
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-04-2021, 10:31 AM
platypus20's Avatar
platypus20 platypus20 is offline
Boiler God
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: camillus, ny (syracuse)
Posts: 9,925
Default New Welder In The Shop

The last thing I really need is another stick welder, I will admit to the ownership of at least 14-15 of them, probably a few more. I bought one of the small Harbor Freight Titanium 225, dual voltage (120/240), stick welder. The unit list for $250, mine was a display unit, they had reboxed and was in the ”special/clearance ” section for $205, I have looked at it for a couple of weeks, the manager (who I know real well), I offered him $100, without a pause he said yes. So I now own a new welder.

This was bought, with Norm and Trombone Pete, during our weekly Chinese Buffet/Harbor Freight/Tractor Supply/Runnings outing. As we were walking out the store door, I turned to Norm and asked, what I was going to do with it......

Norm has owned one, of the same welders, for about a year
__________________
jack

Last edited by platypus20; 04-04-2021 at 01:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-04-2021, 10:35 AM
astronut's Avatar
astronut astronut is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,472
Default

That was a deal in my book!
__________________
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like, victory!
Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!

Victor Torch Set With Meco Regs
Lincoln Weld Pak 100
Giant Tech Arc 200
Miller Roughneck2E
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-04-2021, 11:48 AM
digger doug's Avatar
digger doug digger doug is offline
Not to be used as a Flotation Device
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NW Pa
Posts: 13,148
Default

We just got a "Runnings" store in nearby Jamestown, ny.
I looked around and found it better than Tractor supply, and on par With Rural King (which we just got, down in Oil City, pa)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-04-2021, 08:03 PM
toprecycler's Avatar
toprecycler toprecycler is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Petoskey, Michigan
Posts: 5,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus20 View Post
The last thing I really need is another stick welder, I will admit to the ownership of at least 14-15 of them, probably a few more. I bought one of the small Harbor Freight Titanium 225, dual voltage (120/240), stick welder. The unit list for $250, mine was a display unit, they had reboxed and was in the ”special/clearance ” section for $205, I have looked at it for a couple of weeks, the manager (who I know real well), I offered him $100, without a pause he said yes. So I now own a new welder.

This was bought, with Norm and Trombone Pete, during our weekly Chinese Buffet/Harbor Freight/Tractor Supply/Runnings outing. As we were walking out the store door, I turned to Norm and asked, what I was going to do with it......

Norm has owned one, of the same welders, for about a year


What are you going to do with it?

Same as a woman with a closet full of shoes. Test it out once, and then put it up on the shelf to take up valuable storage space.


Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk
__________________
Brian

You don't know what you don't know.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." John Wooden
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-04-2021, 09:43 PM
Norm W's Avatar
Norm W Norm W is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 2,969
Default

I think the saying is, "Tools are to men, what shoes are to women." I'm still looking for a woman that would rather have a new wrench than new shoes. I think I'll be looking for a looooong time.
__________________
Make over, make do, or do without

Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

Grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can & the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-06-2021, 07:50 AM
platypus20's Avatar
platypus20 platypus20 is offline
Boiler God
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: camillus, ny (syracuse)
Posts: 9,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm W View Post
I think the saying is, "Tools are to men, what shoes are to women." I'm still looking for a woman that would rather have a new wrench than new shoes. I think I'll be looking for a looooong time.
Men who live in glass house, should not throw stones, you may have more crap than I do............


Of course I don’t own a road grader............
__________________
jack
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-06-2021, 10:38 AM
Norm W's Avatar
Norm W Norm W is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 2,969
Default

Total weight we might tie. It is just different materials. One D4 equals quite a few wrenches.
__________________
Make over, make do, or do without

Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

Grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can & the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-07-2021, 11:53 AM
digger doug's Avatar
digger doug digger doug is offline
Not to be used as a Flotation Device
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NW Pa
Posts: 13,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus20 View Post
Of course I don’t own a road grader............
Would you like one ?

Last edited by digger doug; 04-07-2021 at 01:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-07-2021, 05:01 PM
Norm W's Avatar
Norm W Norm W is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 2,969
Default

What have you got? I don't need one, but I do know some folks that are looking.
__________________
Make over, make do, or do without

Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

Grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can & the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-08-2021, 06:56 AM
digger doug's Avatar
digger doug digger doug is offline
Not to be used as a Flotation Device
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NW Pa
Posts: 13,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm W View Post
What have you got? I don't need one, but I do know some folks that are looking.
Old Adams Pull grader.

Is missing some gears, but the 2 side adjustments still work (the most important features) as well as side shift (I think)
Has front set of wheels with it too (many times these were discarded
when these got hitched to a truck)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0229.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	160073   Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0230.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	160074  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Web Search:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.