Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Fabrication

SFT Search:   

Old 09-16-2019, 07:59 AM
Roving Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Tramming in reverse on the right track. It is in a unprotected spot and has 2 more hardlines stacked above it, so a rock behind there could never get out.
Most of the drive motor lines are behind a guard plate but that corner is not covered.
I didn't notice it when I unloaded because of all the slop up on the trailer deck, but I saw an oil stain on that side of the deck after all the mud dried up. Couldn't remember if it was there from a previous cargo, or was new.

There's a story of that previous cargo, but there isn't enough beer on the table....
Old 09-16-2019, 10:12 AM
Voice of Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by toprecycler View Post
Nice looking digger there. I am jealous.

Nice tig weld. I usually use SS tig Rod on regular carbon steel.

I welded up a rub hole on forklift line years ago, and to my knowledge it is still working. Of course, since it been almost two years since I moved on, I would not know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk

Could have sworn IM said yellow nigger...Never saw one f them critters....

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will
be a nation gone under". ~Ronald Reagan

We should have picked our own cotton...

I love my women hot and my beer ice cold..
Old 09-16-2019, 11:49 AM

Yep, right there in the first sentence. I too, have never seen such a critter. I have heard of "high yaller" ones, quite a long time ago. I don't think they exist at this current time in history.

Looks like a good tool Gerry. I've never seen a swing boom on a machine with a circle, is that common now? Going to bring the fish wheel home this weekend.

“The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity” Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-16-2019, 02:27 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe1942 View Post
Could have sworn IM said yellow nigger...Never saw one f them critters....

Just so we do not forget it in case IM edits original post.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2263.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	152221

Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk

You don't know what you don't know.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." John Wooden
Old 09-16-2019, 05:43 PM
Iron Modification Investigator

Moe, you aren't paying attention.
I have referred to my JD loader as a yellow nigger in the past...in the set up a mobile thread. It does the dirty jobs I can't do anymore

Maybe the JP-4 fumes

The virtue is always a cover for the sin. That's the key to understanding the modern left. Whatever they're accusing you of doing, they are doing themselves but more enthusiastically. And that's definitely the story of Justin Trudeau. Tucker Carlson
Old 09-16-2019, 06:53 PM
Boiler God

What kind of operator is the dog??

What happened to the Gorilla Duct Tape method?? A piece of 5/8” heater hose and 5 or 6 hose clamps?? Or some of that clear Flex-Seal Tape?? Damn Canadians, always doing it the hard way!
Old 09-16-2019, 07:37 PM
Auction Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabberMcGee View Post
Yep, right there in the first sentence. I too, have never seen such a critter. I have heard of "high yaller" ones, quite a long time ago. I don't think they exist at this current time in history.

Looks like a good tool Gerry. I've never seen a swing boom on a machine with a circle, is that common now? Going to bring the fish wheel home this weekend.
Did the wheel do better than last year?

Liberty has never come from Government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it.
Woodrow Wilson
Old 09-16-2019, 10:42 PM

Wheel did poorly. There was one good run at the end of July. Robert's wheel just down stream was getting a couple hundred a day for several days, but we had nobody there. don't know why Bill Bayless or Robert didn't call one of us, but they didn't.

“The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity” Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-17-2019, 02:13 AM
I can dig it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabberMcGee View Post

The swing boom is more common on small machines to allow more access in tight spots. Digging up tight along walls, or offsetting to dig a ‘square’ hole etc.

Or offset a heavy load right and you can crowd it in tighter...helps keep you from going on your nose....not that I’ve ever done either of those.....

Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk mobile app
Old 09-17-2019, 07:44 AM
Iron Modification Investigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus20 View Post
What kind of operator is the dog??

What happened to the Gorilla Duct Tape method?? A piece of 5/8” heater hose and 5 or 6 hose clamps?? Or some of that clear Flex-Seal Tape?? Damn Canadians, always doing it the hard way!
Duct tape was tried, and it was found that paint was superior to anything for stopping a leak. It appears that when they sprayed black paint, it ran behind there and a glob settled in the rock pit and stayed til I pushed some dirt with the blade.

The dog is learning, but with a dog's attention span, a squirrel chattering can ruin everything.
Huh? a bouncy ball, oh gimme, gimme!
NO!
Whine?
No dogbones til you finish spreading that fill.

The virtue is always a cover for the sin. That's the key to understanding the modern left. Whatever they're accusing you of doing, they are doing themselves but more enthusiastically. And that's definitely the story of Justin Trudeau. Tucker Carlson