Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Old 12-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Get a strong neo magnet or two and let it stick to the side of the case below the oil level. That will take the crap out of circulation.
I may do that when I went to go buy new studs and some other bolts the service manager an I go to talking about removing bolts and talking about tractors and such he mentioned those welding rods designed for removing broken bolts gave me a couple samples rods to try out next time I need to remove a broken bolt and gave me a price as they sell them by the pound for 30 bucks a pound also mentioned the Nano magnets said he had some that could be attached to the drain plug by drilling and tapping the plug bolt to attach the magnet or by epoxy so it is something I will do to be on the safer side of things but for now I need to get the Selectamatic hydraulic valve body back together which is a bit more complicated than expected
plus a special tool needing to be made to adjust it correctly... lots of fun today cleaning it all up nice and clean and then more not so fun in the assembly

"Sticks And Stones May Brake My Bones.... But Whips An Chains Excite Me"
Old 12-06-2018, 04:23 PM
Connoisseur of Old Iron

You know that if you make the tool, you will never need it again.
Dan.
Miller 10-E Wire Feeder
Miller Spectrum 2050 Plasma Cutter
Hobart AC/DC stick welder
Hobart 175 Mig
Craftsman O/A set
Turbo torch and B-tank
Old 12-06-2018, 08:15 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu47Dan View Post
You know that if you make the tool, you will never need it again.
Dan.
+1 on that the tool I did a search for and from what I gather you have to make it according to the article I found searching for the tool.... so making it verses buying it and the likelihood of never using it making it is prolly the way to go.... oddly it just looks like a basic curtain rod clip just bigger but needs to be precise on the measurement and bend not to complicated by any means as the article gives you the dimensions... with a small drawing of it..

Old 12-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Elite Member

well last couple days was cold and constant rain here so not much this old body could do joints were a bit stiff and hard to get move in.... these things happen when ya are older and a bit broken in two.....

But today is a much nicer day mobility is a bit better so I'm out to get some things done....

An So I thought

I get some of the parts and housings cleaned up so I could start assembling the tractor but decided they needed to be painted first so I set every thing up on my paint stands.... all is good and moving rite along when the enviable happens.... I hear a ka~thunk and turn around to see the 85 lb. axle housing on the ground heavy enough to sink a bit in to the sand so now the paint not quite dry but in middle stages of tackiness wet enough to grab on to as much sand as it could.... So now I have to re-strip it and do it again.... but wondering how and who pulled the stand pins that caused it to collapse as I never pull the pins I just leave the stands because I use them often odd how the damdest things just grow legs and walk off
knowing someone pulled them because they had enough paint and crap on them you would need pliers to work em out.....

Sometimes you just wonder why you even crawled out of bed in the morning.... an so back to square one