Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Get a strong neo magnet or two and let it stick to the side of the case below the oil level. That will take the crap out of circulation.
I may do that when I went to go buy new studs and some other bolts the service manager an I go to talking about removing bolts and talking about tractors and such he mentioned those welding rods designed for removing broken bolts gave me a couple samples rods to try out next time I need to remove a broken bolt and gave me a price as they sell them by the pound for 30 bucks a pound also mentioned the Nano magnets said he had some that could be attached to the drain plug by drilling and tapping the plug bolt to attach the magnet or by epoxy so it is something I will do to be on the safer side of things but for now I need to get the Selectamatic hydraulic valve body back together which is a bit more complicated than expected
plus a special tool needing to be made to adjust it correctly... lots of fun today cleaning it all up nice and clean and then more not so fun in the assembly

"Sticks And Stones May Brake My Bones.... But Whips An Chains Excite Me"