Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

SFT Search:   

Old 07-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 7018

Thanks for the post about the paint!!!!!I just figured you hated paint,Now the only other thing I can say is it would look better with some Black over the primer!!!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Dodge City Marshal

Nice pichures Cutter. Broccoli's i-d-ah has one flaw; lookin at them clamps creates more i-d-ah's in yer head. NOT GOOD! Hide 'em. You'll give thansk when I deliver yer skyhook.

btw, last week fell apart on me and I didn't get to visit with the drayage people.

Quote:
Knock, knock. Anyone home? Anyone there? Barack Obama exists only as the sock puppet of his handlers, of the people who have maneuvered and manufactured this pathetic individual’s life.
http://factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com/...ieve-life.html
Old 07-16-2005, 11:19 PM

12-29-1943 to 1-17-2020
Curmudgeon emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7018
the only other thing I can say is it would look better with some Black over the primer!!!!!
Would not. Not with those crappy old pickets on there. Now it might look better if I had a wife telling me what to think but as the primer fades, it will blend with the wood & all of it will look nice & old. You know - vintage.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"I am not a body, I am free.
For I am still as God created me."
Old 07-16-2005, 11:22 PM

12-29-1943 to 1-17-2020
Curmudgeon emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Zachman

btw, last week fell apart on me and I didn't get to visit with the drayage people.
thanks, Tom. Not to worry.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"I am not a body, I am free.
For I am still as God created me."
Old 07-16-2005, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter
Would not. Not with those crappy old pickets on there. Now it might look better if I had a wife telling me what to think but as the primer fades, it will blend with the wood & all of it will look nice & old. You know - vintage.
With a little effort, you could have worked rustic and patina into that.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to storts
Default To Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter
Ummm, could you please?

Franz, I admit that I'm in over my head dealing with this guy and with the whole issue of 3phase. But Warren said they would have to install 2 240 volt transformers on the pole just outside my fence. I told him you said something about an available mini substation & I could see that that gave him a pause, but he chuckled & said something about "No, you don't need to go quite that far." If I understood him correctly, that is 480 volts runnung down the alley.
I did leave the options open & he said to call if he could be any help.
By the way, what is a mini-substation?

From there, I dropped by Southwestern Electric supply to price out the service equipment. The city &/or the provider are now requiring a disconnect mounted with the meter base and the meter base must also have a built-in bypass. Then the indoor breaker box has to have a main breaker in either 200 amp single phase or 100 amp 3phase. This starts getting pricey in a hurry for either service. For single phase, 200 amps I am looking at about $550, including tax & for 3phase about $925 plus the cost of the transformers.
Any advice about saving money would be most welcome, from any of you. At the rate this is going, I may be looking at going with a 100 amp service just to get out of this alive.
Wish I knew you back ten, and what a aprope time to put the shop build back on( bet you a coffee or six pack when you saw aprope,you said holy jumpin tying machins Batman) I have 3 220 3 phase main disconects,,in stock from the old building, my ex partner in the Building ONLY!!!!! ordered them because HIS electrican friend said we need them ,Notheast utilities will be out this week on my shop,,,built this entire house, and they were the only people I had trouble with,,ask Franz about there reputation Thanks for the great timing).Jack
Old 07-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Elite Member

Default Sir and Franz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirarcalot
No way, Franz. I like Cutter.
Agreed ,,In one of my other replys,Imus had Booby V on, And called him a Idiot with a Hammer, Thanks God that he Has Norm!!!!,Jack
Old 07-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Elite Member

Default To Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
I have my Garage/workshop floor coated with an inductrial Epoxy. It is the same stuff they use at Boeing. IN my former life, I layed that stuff down for a living, It holds up to my welding slag really well, But Sealing, (with a high quality sealer, not that cheap crap,) is a great way to go as well. I can tell you this, a dropped part is alot easier to see on my battleship grey floor, than on concrete.
Jake, Im in the process of putting up my own shop, and Money will be tight, But I worked in a dungen for 28 years,,and have heard alot of good thing about the 2 part epoxy,,and have used it many times on tanks that Ive built,
So whats your proffecianal opion on the expensive 2 part epoxy,,,Im covering approx 1600 sq. feet, Thanks,Jack
Old 07-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Elite Member

Default To Franz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
Damn Cutter, you bring back fond memorys of pay toilets back before they were outlawed here.
I can see it in my mind, Cutter standing by a table with a stack of warm towels and supplys, in a white jacket, next to a tin plate full of coins.
Who knows, he may even work his way up to a coast to coast chain of pay toilets. Find a need and fill it, the key to success in American business.
Is that the Oh Boy(showing my age) Here I sit Broken harted, Paid a dime and only farted??????????
Remind me to tell you the Job we had to do at the J.C. Pennys store In the Meriden Square,When they were still there,,I think Its a Lord and Taylor., or Filenes Now,,Its a Pisser, Pun Intended,,It was a mens room Job,,, One of the ones you never forget,,Jack
Old 07-17-2005, 08:55 PM
Elite Member

Default The Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
Cutter, I don't know what yer complainin about, I did offer you the use of the walk behind trencher.
Don't forget, before you close the trench to install the RG59 for the cable TV to the shop, and the spare for the CCTV security camera. Hell, while yer at it, you might oughta add a 2" conduit for stuff you'll want out there in the future.
When building my house,,colonial, with streess skin panels, and a timber frame,,you have to do alot of planning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,3 pcs of 2" pipe,,"Just in case" Never know,,,Jack