Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

SFT Search:   

Old 02-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Blood, Sweat & Concrete

Send a message via MSN to DDA52

FCG, send me some of whatever your on...I'd love it if my wifey would get into welding. Just think of all the toys I would be AUTHORIZED to purchase!!! There ain't nothing like Momma's stamp of approval!

Grand High Poobah...(by appointment.)
Old 02-15-2005, 06:28 AM

Ahh fellows - Think back about 60 or so years and you would find women were doing most of the heavy industry welding while the boys was overseas.

Egon
Old 02-15-2005, 07:13 AM
Big Shovel

Default Go fluxcoregirl

When this thread started I figured it would get ya fired up, but since you didn't chime in I figured you weren't around. You tell'em! haha!
Old 02-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcoregirl
Now to stand-up for all women in the field.... I have been a welder for a bit and love it .... I welder better then all the men that stepped into our shop... Now most wouldn't take on the challenge but the ones that do kick butt!!!! So if you need to agrue the point please send me your comments .... I will set you straight!!!! LOL now.... Hope that you guys will remember that there are women welders that read this site !!!!! I enjoy my job .... I find the smell of welding Quiet exciting !!! LOL.... Now that is all I have to say!!! Thankx Fluxcoregirl....
Starting this thread was an attempt at humor. I had no idea that it would take off in the direction that it did. Sorry if you were offended.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:18 PM

Default He He He ....

I am not offended stick-man.... I just find it funny that you might not expect me to react in the way then I did... Now I could critize the pic in more detail... But that would take it to far, but, I think it might amuse you boys in how I could do it.... But I am practicing self-control in my opinion at this site...( I don't know who's lost that is mine or the sites ).... LOL ... the little I have.... Really there are no stress in it ... I have been in this enviroment for a while, you would be surprised in what I have been exposed to on the job... So you need not apoligize in the pic stick....
Old 02-17-2005, 12:13 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcoregirl
I am not offended stick-man.... I just find it funny that you might not expect me to react in the way then I did... Now I could critize the pic in more detail... But that would take it to far, but, I think it might amuse you boys in how I could do it.... But I am practicing self-control in my opinion at this site...( I don't know who's lost that is mine or the sites ).... LOL ... the little I have.... Really there are no stress in it ... I have been in this enviroment for a while, you would be surprised in what I have been exposed to on the job... So you need not apoligize in the pic stick....
I have the utmost respect for a good sport, especially if she can weld