Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

SFT Search:   

Old 12-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Elite Member

First, a pic of my sidekick, with his tongue hanging out because he had to run 2/3 of a mile to make it to the jobsite, as I left without him. He has really taken a liking to this truck, if I take it anywhere, and he's not invited, he will follow it for about a mile before heading back. Most of the time he knows where I am going, and he can even beat me there some days. He just piddles around, sits in the cab, locks the doors on me, stuff like that, until I get through, and he is once again ready to ride shotgun.

Finaly finished the acetylene bottles mount, got the top toolbox split up now, it holds everything from 1/4 to 1 inch, lock and flat washers, hex and lock nuts, and then a wide assortment of lengths, most of the handy sizes and volumes, concrete anchors, cable clamps, and screws. Started organizing the plumbing and electrical supplies, but it seems to be the keep ending up in cardboard boxes again.

This is it for now, until next time, I will try to take some pics with the light pole up, and maybe even some shots in the dark. Next are the air powered cable reels, the crane, and a back bumper/work bench, and then that will just about do it. Add some hooks and stuff for securing things, and the rest is just boring orgainzing stuff. Then I need to get back to work, making the time I put in this rig save me repair times. It sure is nice allready, having most of the things I need to do a job in one visit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02061 (Small).JPG
Views:	292
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	8491   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02062 (Small).JPG
Views:	278
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	8492   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02066 (Small).JPG
Views:	279
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	8493   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02068 (Small).JPG
Views:	275
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	8494  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:53 PM
American Tools Keep Americans Working

Awesome light mount

You don't realize how dark it is by the side of the road, until trying to align two broken parts, clamp them, and start the arc where you want it. Nice job.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:51 PM
Curmudgeon

Good show, Gary!
Us old men really appreciate good light.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance. A mass movement offers them unlimited opportunities for both."
Eric Hoffer The True Believer 1951
Old 12-28-2005, 12:56 AM
Still on Ritalin

Send a message via Yahoo to texrednek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter
Good show, Gary!
Us old men really appreciate good light.
What do ya mean old men appreciate good light...What about the young men too! I know I sure do have a great appreication for a good light. My wife says its cause my dad and granddad messed my head up with always needing a light...but im tellin ya I need that danged light to see much of anything these days lol

IF IT CATCHES...Let it burn
Old 12-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Big Iron

Bolt,
You've got that truck coming together real nice. once it's done, you won't know how you lived without it. Small parts storage is always an issue, but you can get some nice drawer cabinets from Fastenal.
Jeff
Old 01-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Elite Member

Here's the start of my hose and cable reels. First pic is of the bearings and shaft on the rack. The air hose reel will go in the last spot, and will have a swivel fitting on the reel for continous supply. the next spots are for torch hose, argon hose, and extension cord. These will all be quick connect fittings to supply the reels. Then the ground and stinger leads will furthest to the front, also with quick connects. All the reels will spin on this one inch shaft on one inch pipe, with spring loaded pins to grab onto the shaft to reel them back in with the help of an air motor. The next pics are of the reels, cut a curved slot in them to get the hoses to the outside of the reel. The big hole is to slip the hose fittings through. I plan of clamping the hoses down to the drum from the outside. Then a pic of the air reel, have 100 feet of 1/2 inch hose on it there. I had a local shop plasma cut the circles, should have figured out the slots ahead of time and had them cut those out as well, but this is doable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02209 (Medium).JPG
Views:	361
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	9171   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02213 (Medium).JPG
Views:	1485
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	9172   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02211 (Medium).JPG
Views:	1379