Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Machining

SFT Search:   

Old 06-06-2018, 10:35 AM
Lord of the Minions

Quote:
Most are pretty worn out now days.
I've got a couple that I've repaired that continue to show use. I'm sure one of them was used by Shade on his way over on the Mayflower in the ships shop.

Chris, I've got a new unused one in the box. Bought for the lil Logan. It's on the shelf, somewhere. I'm sure the hp rating is lower than needed though.

Quoting "The Hunt". "A man will walk into hell with both eyes and arms wide open. His dog will know better."

I never thought I'd live long enough to become a grumpy old bastard. Here I am, killing it!
Old 06-07-2018, 10:46 AM

The one in that Amazon link is spring-loaded reverse (NOT maintained) - might be a PITA if you wanna run the lathe in reverse... Steve
Old 06-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Auction Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW Hiway View Post
I've got a couple that I've repaired that continue to show use. I'm sure one of them was used by Shade on his way over on the Mayflower in the ships shop.

Chris, I've got a new unused one in the box. Bought for the lil Logan. It's on the shelf, somewhere. I'm sure the hp rating is lower than needed though.
Do you still have plans to use it on the Logan? Might want to sell? My lathe is only 110v and 1hp. Is it the old style with the knob handle?

“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves"

William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783
Old 06-07-2018, 11:20 PM
Lord of the Minions

Quote:
Is it the old style with the knob handle?
Gray box, roundish on the front, flat on top with the metal handle rod and red ball on the end. Old school. No buttons here. lol

I'll look Friday. It should be in one of the drawers of the lathe table for the lil Logan. I will look as I will be working with that lathe this weekend making the driven pin for a pantograph drive magnet cutter frame and bearing holders.

I've got the eccentric shaft for the new rock crusher build in the SB at the moment. Working on the Babbitt bearing casing for fit etc. and do not want to remove and have to re-set.

Quoting "The Hunt". "A man will walk into hell with both eyes and arms wide open. His dog will know better."

I never thought I'd live long enough to become a grumpy old bastard. Here I am, killing it!
Old 06-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Auction Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW Hiway View Post
Gray box, roundish on the front, flat on top with the metal handle rod and red ball on the end. Old school. No buttons here. lol

I'll look Friday. It should be in one of the drawers of the lathe table for the lil Logan. I will look as I will be working with that lathe this weekend making the driven pin for a pantograph drive magnet cutter frame and bearing holders.

I've got the eccentric shaft for the new rock crusher build in the SB at the moment. Working on the Babbitt bearing casing for fit etc. and do not want to remove and have to re-set.
Thanks Jef. Let me know how you want the funds.

“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves"

Old 06-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Boiler God

I have the Dayton (Graingers) model 2X440A drum switch, on the Franken-Mill, the Rockwell mill, the Franken-Drill and the 2 other drill presses, for forward and reverse control, the big Jet drill press has a VFD and a SqD switch to set direction and a control like Ken posted on the Jet mill (that I’m going to change), all of them also have a on-off switch, the Dayton drums with is only used to change direction.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Auction Addict

I have a reversing drum switch on my wood shaper. I have always liked it.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:50 PM
The Real Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus20 View Post
I have the Dayton (Graingers) model 2X440A drum switch, on the Franken-Mill, the Rockwell mill, the Franken-Drill and the 2 other drill presses, for forward and reverse control, the big Jet drill press has a VFD and a SqD switch to set direction and a control like Ken posted on the Jet, all of them also have a on-off switch, the Dayton drums with is only used to change direction.
That is the way I have three of my drums set up, for changing direction only with a on/off switch.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Kibble King

Send a message via AIM to OldRedFord Send a message via Yahoo to OldRedFord

I may have a 3 button switch.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:11 AM
Lord of the Minions

Quote:
Thanks Jef. Let me know how you want the funds.
Health did not allow the trip last weekend, hopefully this weekend will be better.