Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Machining

SFT Search:   

Old 05-18-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalWolf View Post
Zach, What tool are you using to install the valve seals I borrowed one from a friend I m assuming from Summit... I have the Valve seal removal pliers but they ain't worth a shit...

So I think when I get the chance I'll just mill out my own design of removal and install tool just need o pick up some material but for ow using the cat's paw worked out much better.
Short piece of tubing the right diameter to contact the outer metal part of the seal. I have used a socket in a pinch also.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:25 PM
Lubrication Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Zach View Post
Short piece of tubing the right diameter to contact the outer metal part of the seal. I have used a socket in a pinch also.
I don't know how much of this stuff you do but I'm going to make a couple if they turn out ok Ill get with ya and send ya one... man it made putting the seal so easy. I know they sell them at Summit for cheap but more fun to make your own when time allows...

Oh by the way whatever this door panel tool was made out of for some reason this morning I tried to bend it back into a usable tool for door panels in case I ever needed one like it and what was odd is it didn't want to bend back sort of strange when I bent it... It bent like butter with no heat and then I heated it doused it in cold water yesterday and all it wanted to do was bend and now it won't give I'm a bit confused about that...

Last edited by MetalWolf; 05-18-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalWolf View Post
I don't know how much of this stuff you do but I'm going to make a couple if they turn out ok Ill get with ya and send ya one... man it made putting the seal so easy. I know they sell them at Summit for cheap but more fun to make your own when time allows...

Oh by the way whatever this door panel tool was made out of for some reason this morning I tried to bend it back into a usable tool for door panels in case I ever needed one like it and what was odd is it didn't want to bend back sort of strange when I bent it... It bent like butter with no heat and then I heated it doused it in cold water yesterday and all it wanted to do was bend and now it won't give I'm a bit confused about that...
I work on a few here and there. Need to freshen up 2 of my motors in the not so distant future too. If they work well I’d happily put one to use.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:07 PM
Lubrication Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Zach View Post
I work on a few here and there. Need to freshen up 2 of my motors in the not so distant future too. If they work well I’d happily put one to use.
Cool will do...