Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

SFT Search:   

Old 02-21-2019, 09:51 AM

Default The AHP 201XD Thread

I ordered my AHP 201 yesterday. I am heading to California in a month so I am having it shipped there and drive it home with us.

First impressions: AHP makes it really hard for Canadians to buy. Credit card billing address has to match shipping address. No Canadian shipping options on their website. Won't accept Canadian CC. I got my FIL to pay with his US card/address. If they didn't have a house in California I might have been asking an SFT member along my way to pay and hold onto it!

Shipping and taxes:
$30 flat rate shipping in the US. I had considered having it shipped to northern Montana and picking it up there. Again, won't take Canadian CC, billing and shipping address must match. This is dumb and they are probably losing a lot of business because of it.
Got hit with $68 in California sales tax and then I will get hit with taxes at the Cdn border too. California is not a state where non residents can apply to get their taxes back. North Dakota is. Montana apparently just doesn't charge tax. Novel concept.

The welder has really good reviews even from people that run name brand machines all day at their day job. Mostly the bad comments pertain to the foot pedal. Guys are bolting it to strips of rubber so it doesn't slide away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AlpweldsSite.PNG
Views:	47
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	149570  
Old 02-21-2019, 10:18 AM

This is a vid on the 2016 200 model. Mine should be similar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlNAGYcdZlQ