Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Old 05-24-2020, 07:22 PM
Boiler God

Apparently you live in a different state or state of mind, about 95% of the places we work in, the dumpsters are under CCTV monitoring and if you get caught diving, you will be arrested and prosecuted. Either there are posted signs against it or its in the rules and regulations package, we have to read and sign, before work starts.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:36 PM
Auction Addict

Got a Craftsman 16" chain saw at the dump about 6 years back. Looked very close to new. Some idiot had put the chain on backwards. Reversed the chain and sold it that day for $75.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:16 AM
Elite Member

I have gotten loads of electric and pneumatic power tools from the scrap yard. I really have no idea what I have they are stashed in four different places. Some work fine some need only a power cord. Just this week I got a 7 1/4” Makita saw and an older Bosch 4” angle grinder.

My favorite ones ore the oldies. A few months ago I found an old Thor pneumatic 1/2 drive impact wrench. I looks and sounds unlike anything made in the last 30 or more years, it’s way kewl. I passed on several table and radial saws recently because I have too many!

A technologically advanced society would teach their children how to start a fire by rubbing two sticks together before teaching them how to use a lighter.

Aren't energy consumption and computers supposed to make life less stressful?

If you are not having fun then you are doing it wrong.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:24 AM
Elite Member

I have gotten loads of electric and pneumatic power tools from the scrap yard. I really have no idea what I have they are stashed in four different places. Some work fine some need only a power cord. Just this week I got a 7 1/4” Makita saw and an older Bosch 4” angle grinder.

My favorite ones ore the oldies. A few months ago I found an old Thor pneumatic 1/2 drive impact wrench. I looks and sounds unlike anything made in the last 30 or more years, it’s way kewl. I passed on several table and radial saws recently because I have too many!

A technologically advanced society would teach their children how to start a fire by rubbing two sticks together before teaching them how to use a lighter.

Aren't energy consumption and computers supposed to make life less stressful?

If you are not having fun then you are doing it wrong.
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM
Grumpy Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy_Acres View Post
I think I may have mentioned this in another post, I have a part time job at home, fixing power tools and related equipment. Most of it is new or lightly used ( damaged in shipping, DOA upon purchase, returns, etc )

Took a couple pics of what I have in the shop at the moment..

I enjoy doing this stuff.. almost like stress relief.

I built that Milwaukee Mag drill out of several donors, this morning,..
Bill, you should start a thread for Power Tool reviews, include what goes wrong with them and what you opinion are and come up with a scale for value.

Kinda like..

1 Bills - Don't buy this POS.
2 Bills - Ok for the occasional homeowner use.
3 Bills - for regular homeowner use
4 Bills - intermediate heavy Homeowner marginal Pro user.
5 Bills - heavy Pro use.

"Prepare to defend yourselves."
-- Sergeant Major Basil L. Plumley, Ia Drang Valley