Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Fabrication

SFT Search:   
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Scrapper Greg's Avatar
Scrapper Greg Scrapper Greg is offline
7-26-1965 to 6-5-2022
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 4,038
Default

Nice job, Tally. Also you do know you will need to buff out the rest of that bush hog to get that paint to match right...
__________________
MAGA
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-12-2013, 12:01 PM
digger doug's Avatar
digger doug digger doug is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NW Pa
Posts: 14,033
Default

I will add this little note.

Brush hog's live a hard life, and die from vibration.

You will most always find cracks all over them, and especially
where the ribs end.

It's real important to not have any undercutting, and make sure
your weld puddle ends are properly filled.

I hope the job did not go out the door with any of the undercutting
mentioned.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-12-2013, 02:00 PM
LW Hiway's Avatar
LW Hiway LW Hiway is offline
Lord of the Minions
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fuck Lake Charles
Posts: 21,434
Default

Quote:
If you guys get tired of me posting my repair jobs just let me know. I can quit it
Are you kidding me??????? That's the biggest reason this forum room even exists.

Post young man, Post!

I know it probably showed up new without them, but I'd just have to add back angled braces from the uprights you replaced. Otherwise my 'over-kill' gene would not allow me to sleep at day.
__________________
God, if you would grant me one request through Prayer, please help me be the Man my Dog thinks I am. Please.

Quoting "The Hunt". "A man will walk into hell with both eyes and arms wide open. His dog will know better."

I never thought I'd live long enough to become a grumpy old bastard. Here I am, killing it!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-12-2013, 04:12 PM
tnmike's Avatar
tnmike tnmike is offline
Sultan of Scrounge
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NE TN
Posts: 4,101
Default

Keep posting for sure...we love it.
__________________
Buy it cheap and stack it deep
Klaatu barada nikto
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Tally ZJ's Avatar
Tally ZJ Tally ZJ is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Havana, Florida
Posts: 1,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper Greg View Post
Nice job, Tally. Also you do know you will need to buff out the rest of that bush hog to get that paint to match right...
Uhhmmmm . . .right!


Quote:
Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
I will add this little note.

Brush hog's live a hard life, and die from vibration.

You will most always find cracks all over them, and especially
where the ribs end.

It's real important to not have any undercutting, and make sure
your weld puddle ends are properly filled.

I hope the job did not go out the door with any of the undercutting
mentioned.
I ran beads below and above the root weld and made sure none of the undercut was present, at least to the best I could tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW Hiway View Post
Are you kidding me??????? That's the biggest reason this forum room even exists.

Post young man, Post!

I know it probably showed up new without them, but I'd just have to add back angled braces from the uprights you replaced. Otherwise my 'over-kill' gene would not allow me to sleep at day.
I put back what was rusted off and what he provided me. What I did different was to cut the bottom length of the uprights at an angle, sort of a notch, so that they also wrapped over the front edge of the deck and put a couple of beads where it had none before.
__________________
http://www.welding-tv.com
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-12-2013, 08:57 PM
H80N's Avatar
H80N H80N is offline
That Man Behind The Curtain
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NE Pa
Posts: 5,180
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tally ZJ View Post
If you guys get tired of me posting my repair jobs just let me know. I can quit it

Anyway, bush hog needed new lift point mounts. Cancer got them. Wasn't much left of the old mounts so I didn't even bother with the camera.

The new mounts were supplied by the owner. He had them cut at a local machine shop.

Started about 3pm this afternoon and finished just as it got dark.

This is the job I traded for the two welding tanks that I will pick up tomorrow I guess. Too tired tonight to think about it.
Never get tired of that stuff...

Keep it coming...
__________________
.
.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..


The more you Know, The Better you Know, How little you Know (old Estonian saying)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Web Search:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.