Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Old 11-26-2018, 11:45 PM
Elite Member

Default 3 Point NO lifty lifty Case David brown 885

Ok so this not my first Rodeo with these things an in my opinion one of the more complicated hydraulic systems I've had the no so pleasurable pleasure to work on but had one dropped off here early this morning.... good thig it is manual trans and not hydrostatic hydrostatics suck to work on any way shape or brand

Any way I have a very good idea what's going on with it... But it could be more serious than the normal issues they usually have...

But going to go through it all the way as it has some debris in the system from hooking up the auxiliary lines that laid I the dirt not sure why some one would hook up lines with out cleaning the connections first but at any rate the loader was working and 3 point was working guy took of the loader.

The three point was working then started getting slower an slower and now will not lifty at all.... fluid is clean and clear no water recent filters etc.

So for those of your who have had these same issues where you know it is "NOT" the pump... what would you look at/for first ? The relief valve

"Sticks And Stones May Brake My Bones.... But Whips An Chains Excite Me"
Old 11-27-2018, 12:04 AM
Post Fiend

As you sit on the tractor, on the right side about where your hand would fall there is a block with two shuttles that gummed with debris and cause that exact scenario on the three point system.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:15 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinDodge View Post
As you sit on the tractor, on the right side about where your hand would fall there is a block with two shuttles that gummed with debris and cause that exact scenario on the three point system.
Yep The relief valves which is what I suspect my self one has a small type of washer inside with a screen that clogs up or sticks from rust if it has been run with water in system and then sits for awhile
but being it was hooked up to lines that had dirt in them I may have to go further in to clear it all out I mean I could prolly clean the relief valves and it will most likely work but I suspect it will just do it again till all the dirt is flushed out of the system or doo you think it is more likely the filters will catch it before the relief valves plug and stick again so what's your opinion on what you would do to clear it or just let filters do it and chance it clogging or sticking again ?

Or should I say the control vale shuttle relief valves

Last edited by MetalWolf; 11-27-2018 at 12:21 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:21 AM
Standard of Excellence

Lift piston seals is my guess. Is there a handhole on the side you can remove to see where the fluid is dripping from?
Old 11-27-2018, 09:22 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Lift piston seals is my guess. Is there a handhole on the side you can remove to see where the fluid is dripping from?
Ill have to look to be sure but I do believe there is a cover that can be removed to see if the fluid is massively flowing which would indicate a bad seal in the lift

Old 11-27-2018, 01:46 PM
no bull it's huge!

Piston seals usually cause hiccups for a long time before anyone addresses it. I'm betting on draft control linkage inside the rear end fell apart.