Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Old 06-27-2020, 09:38 PM
Stuff, Just stuff

You have an8 ft basket?

If so in the info there was mention of a lock cylinder. I’ll bet there is a button or switch to unlock it separate from the rotate switch and that might be all you have to find and sort out.

Yes I am not a fan of one of these at all. Folks tell me that use these a lot start off low and get to bouncing it around and convince yourself it won’t just spit you out and go out extend the boom and get used to the flopping.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk mobile app
Old 06-28-2020, 12:11 AM
SFT Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetrash View Post
I have a question for Gwiz and Scotts how did you you display the schematics so you could actually read them? I downloaded the images and tried infranview to rotate them and blow them up some. I just had a hell of a time being able to see the whole thing and read it.
I ended up printing one of the last drawings onto two 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper (left half on one and right half on the other paper) and taped them together for a full drawing.
but still had to use some reading glasses.
Then Had to go back and forth from the full print to the Two computer images because the glare in one image was over the Level sensor, the other the flash washed-out wires tracing back to the sensor.
Old 06-28-2020, 02:09 PM
I can dig it

Jenn it may be worth your time and $$ to take a fall restraint/aerial work platform course. Usually a day or two, teaches all about harness, lanyards etc, and meets industry safety standards.

Of course you don’t have to for home use, but...god forbid anything should happen, this is also a good cover your ass move to have the current knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM
Gadget Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotts View Post
You have an8 ft basket?

If so in the info there was mention of a lock cylinder. I’ll bet there is a button or switch to unlock it separate from the rotate switch and that might be all you have to find and sort out.

Yes I am not a fan of one of these at all. Folks tell me that use these a lot start off low and get to bouncing it around and convince yourself it won’t just spit you out and go out extend the boom and get used to the flopping.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk mobile app
Yup 8ft basket.. I don't think it will spit me out so to speak.. It's just more of the sensation of being alone in that kind of environment.

I am usually rock climbing or back when i worked iron there was at least some connection to the items I was on..

IN the basket it is like being in the middle of nothing.. That is a sensation I'm not particularly partial to. It's really a weird feeling and I get it when also driving over a bridge in a car.. If the bridge let go, there would be not much to do.

I've signed up for sky diving and that offers more so then being on a bridge.. LIke I said, it won't make sense..

No pin in the basket.. It will rotate a little by hand..

I can energize the solenoid and the wires at the solenoid light up with tester both left and right.. there is fluid in the lines but that valve is stuck.. Not sure if it is open or closed and it's been kind low on the priority list and run out of time else where..

No switch I can find.. Just a toggle switch (momentary left/right) which does activate both in the basket and at the control panel and power to the solenoid..

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywynd View Post
Jenn it may be worth your time and $$ to take a fall restraint/aerial work platform course. Usually a day or two, teaches all about harness, lanyards etc, and meets industry safety standards.

Of course you don’t have to for home use, but...god forbid anything should happen, this is also a good cover your ass move to have the current knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk
I might eventually take a class on them.. It is a neat machine and items seem to work smoother and smoother as it gets used more..

I'm not a cowgirl so use equipment cautiously. Big fan of hand work..

So electric, machinery, etc, etc.. Well, that just slows me down..

If I defend myself I am attacked.

My meaningless thoughts are showing me a meaningless world.

My attack thoughts are attacking my invulnerability.

I'd like to think of something smart, but I don't want to hurt myself.

My google+ page

DoALL 36"
Another Johnson model J Project
Lathe? Maybe..... 1958 SBL 13"
Yeti Esseti Aka running welder on 3phase.
Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM
Gadget Girl

Ok, so 3 dilemmas..

All ground control functions work.. Yeah, thanks guys.. My heroes..

So the 2 items are this: the up and down control is sporadic (same boom or riser). There is power to both the solenoid (Up/down) but no nothing.

I have noticed that if I run the boom up and down with the bottom control box it seems to kick in from the upper control box and when it works it works the whole time..

Then the next day first thing, It won't work.. I then cycle it again from the ground control and it seems to work again though this seems to get less and less.

There is power to the up/down boom solenoid..

2 is the rotoray basket function which is not that imporant though it seems like it might be the same kind of problem.. from the upper control box the right wires on the solenoid light up with 12V tester.

3. The swivel function really only wants to go to the right even when left is pushed.. I checked and there are test lights on the joystick and the right side lights up when pushed left or right and will energize till the timer kicks off..

The timer controls how long the relay will stay closed suppling power to the solenoid until it times out.. There is no control other than on and off..

I believe this is a switch function but because the boot is really bad I ordered a new switch should be here Wednesday.

the main problem at this point is the random working of the up/down boom and riser function from the upper station.

When I run the switches from upper control which I will just call UC from here on out, the solenoids light up correctly.

Today when I ran the machine around the yard when I reached the off level area the buzzer came on for uneven ground so that is working.

the boom/riser down button for UC did not work nor was working on the flat.

I ordered a new switch for left/right swivel too.

But overall I think it will work out well. I straightened the bottom sheet metal that was damaged and removed the signs..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200703_174533.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	156747   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200703_174714.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	156748  

If I defend myself I am attacked.

My meaningless thoughts are showing me a meaningless world.

My attack thoughts are attacking my invulnerability.

I'd like to think of something smart, but I don't want to hurt myself.

My google+ page

DoALL 36"
Another Johnson model J Project
Lathe? Maybe..... 1958 SBL 13"
Yeti Esseti Aka running welder on 3phase.

Last edited by allessence; Yesterday at 07:47 PM.