Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Old 10-31-2009, 11:26 AM
Founder: Machining Forum

Default 6 x 48 question

I hate to even ask this but I have no experience with these things. I purchased a 6 x 48 sander in an auction for a few bucks a while back and I have finally got around to rebuilding it and getting it going.
Question: Which way is it supposed to go? I am assuming up the back and down in front. Is that correct?

Tact is for people who aren’t witty enough to use sarcasm.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:31 AM

12-29-1943 to 1-17-2020
Curmudgeon emeritus

I do believe you got the ideer, Jim.

But just for grins, try it the other way and report back.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"I am not a body, I am free.
For I am still as God created me."
Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 AM

I could, that's the way its going now. I better switch a couple of wires around.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:28 PM

12-29-1943 to 1-17-2020
Curmudgeon emeritus

Does it have a table, Jim?
Got any peectures?

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"I am not a body, I am free.
For I am still as God created me."
Old 10-31-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter View Post
Does it have a table, Jim?
Got any peectures?
Pictures...Great, now I have to take more pride in it and redo the switch housing which is Duct taped and Otexasrigged. Just for that I should embed the pictures like that guy keeps doing that you keep telling not too but he keeps doing it any way even though you have told him to quit and he keeps doing it almost like he is doing it on purpose to see if you will keep getting mad about him embedding pictures even though you have told him not too and he is doing it anyway which is against the rules that we made like the one about posting your location and when people don't you tell them to and a few have not even though you told them to and they were sometimes doing it to see if you would get mad because you told them not too and they kept on and on and on like a never ending run on sentence which has become part of my writing style even though I was in honors English in college and i was told by my professor that she had never had a student turn in a research paper that was hand written in all her years of teaching English and she was very old and i could either type it and make an A or leave it and make a C but i bet she had never had a student who was running a trap line to help pay for their college either and besides i was getting up at 4 AM to check traps and staying up until 11:00 pm skinning and fleshing and i did not know how to type so it would take me like 3 years to type it plus beaver pelts were bottomed out at the time so we were making our money on fox and bobcats and coons and although the coons would stay in the traps the earlier i could get out there the better chance of holding the fox and especially the cats because at that time i was allowing to much sand to get under the pan sometimes and putting too much leaves or pine straw over the trap which was allowing the animals to pull out because despite what you see on tv and read in greenpeace news letters traps do not have big teeth that dig in to the legs of the animal it is more like two flat pieces of metal that clamp together and hold the animal and some can pull out if you leave them too long and I needed the big money animals not to pull out because you cant make much money on possums even though we were selling them unskinned on the carcass frozen for two dollars a piece you would have to catch a lot to pay for college and my pride would not have let me become a possum trapper even if i would have gotten 4 dollars a possum but keep in mind this was in 84 or 85 and we were getting 40 bucks for a XL coon 65 to 70 for a nice red and as much as 125 for a nice cat which was a lot of money back then and college was only a few hundred bucks a quarter including books but i could sell the books back to the bookstore and recover some of that money if i had even bothered to buy one for that class but they would not buy back a book with blood on it so i still have some of them and looking back I should have made Mac buy them from me because he laid the fox on my books after i told him not too but i guess he did not value books and had decided college was not for him but he did move up there for a while to run some trap lines with me after he found out that there were places close to campus that had never been trapped and the animals were not trap shy from pressure like some were back home but there was a different type of pressure on campus after he threw some carcasses in the dumpster and someone called the campus police thinking the blood and carcasses were from people and and it made the local news which we happen to catch after turning the channel from watching Scarface for the 25th time and maybe the guy who saw all that blood had been watching Scarface too and that's what scared him and i would probably have been scared too were it not for meeting Mac that day we were riding horses and he asked what the hell we were doing on his land and to turn around which was fine with me because even back then i did not really like horses and i did not know that one day my shop would be attached to a horse barn and i would be fighting the dust created from horses stomping around and making a big mess and that the horse kicking the stall wall which is common with my shop wall and it would knock stuff off the shelves and causing cracks in the wall letting condensation in the shop which caused some of my tools to rust and which led me to buy the 6 x 48 to help clean some of them up. I will post some pictures. I chose a "C".

Last edited by SlimJim; 10-31-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: left out a period and a comma
Old 10-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Elite Member

hahahahah....uh...wow
Old 10-31-2009, 02:12 PM
there has to be an answer

Did you blow all your money on the machine? Extra "carriage returns' for paragraphs don't cost that much and make it easier read.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RancherBill View Post
Extra "carriage returns' for paragraphs don't cost that much and make it easier read.
Umm, really. Did you even read it or jump right into the witty paragraph structure zing.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:22 PM
Blast this!

No, I read and even looked for them things called comas ,colons ,and periods ,as if I had room to talk.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:49 PM
there has to be an answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJim View Post
Umm, really. Did you even read it or jump right into the witty paragraph structure zing.
Got Me.

I gave up much too soon to see the real problem.