Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Old 10-31-2009, 04:23 AM

Default CEJN pneumatic couplers and connectors

I was curious to find out if anyone here uses CEJN couplers on their compressed air set-up? Likes and dislikes? I've gotten some samples of the 310 and 430 series. Both high-flow and industrial interchange.

I'm running a large Saylor-Beall and have four drops with regulators/filters.

It's time to standardize my coupler-type, so I'm going with the CEJN products which appear to me to be really high quality. I'm thinking about getting their air hose too.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Co-founder, Harbor Freight 12 Step Program

Vinko, I don't know squat about the couplers you are asking about but someone will come along shortly I'm sure. In the meantime, welcome aboard!

"I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. They can keep the change."
Old 10-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Lord of the Minions

Quote:
It's time to standardize my coupler-type, so I'm going with the CEJN products which appear to me to be really high quality. I'm thinking about getting their air hose too.
Having all of your stuff using the same couplers is a good idea for sure. Trying to get everybody else to standardize will be an on-going disaster. lol

At work, we do have a few of our test units in pneumatics and liquid hydraulics which use the s/s coupler sets that appear to be of the same manf as your query, but I'm not absolutely sure.

Personally, most all of my qd's for shop air and tools are of the off the shelf connectors found at your WalMart or Home Depot shelves. Nothing fancy and they do wear out after a few years.

Welcome to the site.

Quoting "The Hunt". "A man will walk into hell with both eyes and arms wide open. His dog will know better."

I never thought I'd live long enough to become a grumpy old bastard. Here I am, killing it!
Old 11-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Armchair Webbie

They threw out some made by Aero, where I used to work and I found out that they were pretty easy to fix so, I've been using them for 30 years. I like them and used them when I plumbed the factory at my last job.

I got ahold of some made by Milton, once. They stink.

Dave
Old 11-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Elite Member

What did you hate about the Milton's? I run Milton H style on everything, they will flow allot of air, even run my 1 inch impact through it. Many factory things with "built in" plugs come with the Milton M style plug on it, so I have an adapter to go to my bigger coupler. Most people I know run the M style, so the adapter helps when they are using my air supply, I'm using their tools, etc.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:44 AM

Default penumatic couplers

As a long time user of the Milton M series they get my vote. No doubt some better or more expensive in other brands. The shop I work in uses the M style exclusively also without problems. Probably way over 100 outlets.
My buddies tools are all use M series which is nice if they come over to my shop and work on something, or we need to swap/borrow etc. Make sure your set allows for regulated or non regulated air. I don`t want someone subjecting my tools to 175 lbs. non regulated. Lathe man.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Armchair Webbie

I got a small compressor from a buddy of mine that had a Milton on it. I always had to fight with it. Then, someone gave me an old compressor tank on wheels to use as an air pig. It had a Milton on it too. Since all my stuff was already Aero, I yanked it off. So, maybe I didn't give them a fair shake. I think this is just a Ford/Chevy kind of thing, anyway.

Dave