Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

SFT Search:   

Old 09-08-2012, 10:36 AM

Smile

Thanks for the support, guy's.

Scotts,

It sounds like it's a good idea to do. I knew about high frequency arc starts from some plasms cutters, causing RF, and grounding can help.

platypus,

I know the three things I listed, are needed for table control electronics. I did not think all three were addressed by the CNC connector on the back of my PM45. What you read and hear, is different from a real owner of a Plasmacam. That's what I was after.

Ironman, Thanks! Sorry, but these won't be my last questions.

Here is an intense DHC2 video, here. DHC1 conversion (is a software turn on). I want to be able to cut corrugated materal like above, may have to go to advanced torch height, DHC2.

I think the wide distance between grid hard points may be a little far. This distance may encourage tip-ups. Picture 1 is a table built for a GoTorch for testing. Picture 2 is a 4x4 PlasmaCam table. I might look it doing something similar to the Gotorch table. The Gotorch table needs a lower shelf to set the PM45 on, it will also help with bracing when I add wheels. Leg leveler will be added but may never be used.

Picture 3 is a GoTorch on the wall.

I know of Jim Holt, he's an army of one for Hypertherm support.

I'm trying to ask general question. After all I don't have the GoTorch yet.

PM45 torch wiring:
Ironman may have answered it. The machine torch shorts out the on/off leads when you plug in it's connector. The hand torch, on/off is controlled by it's trigger.

Indexing on a table:
I've been planning on building 5 security doors sence 2009. That's really what started MY QUEST FOR A PLASMA TABLE (cost of the doors $$). Cost of a plasma table sent me on an information search for years, here. I have 5 glass entry doors I built into my house. The security doors start at $600 each and go up from there. I want 1/8" plate with desert landcape pictures as inserts for the steel doors. The width of 24" will be fine, the door frame rails are wide for holding lock and door open mechanism. One seam 2" x 6" rectangle tubing is what I'm finding for door frame material, so max door width is 36".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gotorch_table.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	95277   Click image for larger version

Name:	plasmacam 4x4 table.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	95278   Click image for larger version

Name:	gotorch_on _wall.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	95279  

Last edited by Vern2; 09-08-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:57 AM

Smile

I'VE GOT TO SAY. I'M VERY PLEASED WITH MY PURCHASE!

I really want a plasmaCam! When buying a GoTorch, your buying a PlasmaCam, the best plasma CNC table on the market today. Now there's a way to buy for less than half the price. PlasmaCam's 4x4 is $6,900. Gotorch 2x2 $2,995 upgrade to 2x4 for $400, upgrade to 5x10 for $1600, here.

Got a delivery date from GoTorch, Sept. 12, 2012 from FedEx.

I purchased on Sept. 4, 2012, got Confirmation from GoTorch/PlasmaCam on Sept. 6, 2012.

There web site is, well (It's to good to be true. EVERYTHING IS TRUE!). I found one error on accuracy. They said, "accuracy to .0005", They have one to many zeros, here.

No email addresses.

No phone numbers.

No address of the company, not even a state.

No person names as owning company.

Only one employee picture below. He's testing my GoTorch.

Very well written Web site.

Everything written perfect.

Everything you want to hear...

A deal you can not pass up.

Un-real price.

I sent GoTorch the first email asking if the offer would be extended 30 days, never got a reply. Now I had no way of knowing when it would expire. Unbelievable offer HALF PRICE! In the back of my mind, I thought, I may be risking $2995.95, $150 shipping. I did send off an email, see below.

I was ready to buy Torchmate 2x2 for $7450. I WAS BUYING 2X2 TORCHMATE WITH TORCH HEIGHT CONTROL, AT ALMOST TWISE THE PRICE, of GoTorch $2995 plus $995 for DHC1, hard to believe.

Second email I sent.

Subject: Anyone out there?

Message: Can anyone send me something, that proves to me you are a real company?

On Sept. 06, 2012, I got the confirmation email, three working days later.

Same day I got this email "We are a real company, not sure what you need."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	employeel.jpg
Views:	1746
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	95300  

Last edited by Vern2; 09-08-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:55 PM
That Man Behind The Curtain

Question

Sometimes if something seems like too good a deal to be true...

well.... maybe it is...

I have no idea if it is or isn't....

but the WHOIS info for gotorch.com indicates they are out of Utah....

Domain: gotorch.com

Date Registered: 12/30/11
Date Modified: 09/07/12
Expiry Date: 12/30/12
DNS1: ns1.seomserver.com
DNS2: ns2.seomserver.com

Registrant

GoTorch
Martin Smith
123 Private st
Salt Lake, UT (US)

Administrative Contact

GoTorch
Martin Smith
123 Private st
Salt Lake, UT (US)
sales2012@gotorch.com
+1.801-231-3385

and my Plasmacam came out of colorado.... all dealings I have had with them have been out of Co... not Utah....
so I would get a little nervous about sending any money till I understood what was going on.... and who they really are and what if any linkage the two companies have....

why not call Plasmacam.... if they have a legitimate cooperative relationship... they will tell you... if not... you will find out fast....

it is YOUR DIME....

"123 Private st ?"

that would make me nervous.....

BTW IN ADDITION.... I did an anywho reverse lookup of their number and got this result.. "We didn't find any results for (801) 231-3385"

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..

The more you Know, The Better you Know, How little you Know (old Estonian saying)

Last edited by H80N; 09-08-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:17 PM

Smile

H80N,

Your hitting some of my points, and state of mind, right before I hit the Buy it Now button. In my life I've been able to pick winners and avoid most of the loosers (stock market).

Thank you, for the info, you are the man behind the curtain.

I really do not want this to be a shooting match between Torchmate and GoTorch. Did my research, loaded for bear. Torchmate has proven themselves as a GOOD company. They have a great product and help line (proven service department). I'll take my chances on solving my own problems ahead with people like Ironman and the owners users group, here. I'm sure my vote will fit few, I'm very confident with the support I well have, no problem-O.

Last edited by Vern2; 09-08-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:02 PM

Plasmacam main phone number is (719) 676-2700

Tech Support (719) 676-2701

somebody there should be able to give you a straight answer...

The more you Know, The Better you Know, How little you Know (old Estonian saying)
Old 09-08-2012, 08:27 PM

Smile

H80N,

Plasma Cam call in support is off limits for GoTorch, see here. Also, it's written into the frequenty asked questions under, What will I do if I need help using the machine?, here. I know this info up-front.

Last edited by Vern2; 09-08-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Iron Modification Investigator

Alrighty
Now, I have a clue of whats going on.

Quote:
I was ready to buy Torchmate 2x2 for $7450. I WAS BUYING 2X2 TORCHMATE WITH TORCH HEIGHT CONTROL, AT ALMOST TWISE THE PRICE, of GoTorch $2995 plus $995 for DHC1, hard to believe.
Years back, I bought a Plasmacam DHC1 off Ebay from an estate sale in CA, and the Hypertherm 1250 for $9000. The Hypertherm had never ever fired and the table was assembled wrong. This is not Plasmacam's fault, the guy was dying and never completed things. Although he was dead, I was able to register it to me without any real greif from Pcam.

So I got this brand new 4x4 table with DHC1(digital height control)

God was it a pain to learn, (it was not ready for market IMHO) but it could work.
Plasmacam was offering an upgrade to the new technology DCH2. I bought, and one of the conditions of sale is that we return all the old DHC1 components and control box to Plasmacam.

What did they do with all those DHC1 components? Shred them? thats the right thing to do...
So now I think they are rebranded and sold again as new equipment. I think theres very little to wear on them, as cleaned up, refurbished they would look good. The pictures on the site show the carriage of a DHC1 machine painted black and yellow in stead of blue and yellow. Same servo motors, same belt drive.

Yup, it's a Gotorch/Plasmacam

Maybe I'm, overly paranoid....where's my foil hat?

The virtue is always a cover for the sin. That's the key to understanding the modern left. Whatever they're accusing you of doing, they are doing themselves but more enthusiastically. And that's definitely the story of Justin Trudeau. Tucker Carlson
Old 09-08-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern2 View Post
H80N,

Plasma Cam call in support is off limits for GoTorch, see here. Also, it's written into the frequenty asked questions under, What will I do if I need help using the machine?, here. I know this info up-front.
SUPPORT OFF LIMITS????????????? (Something rotten in Denmark??)

THE FAQ TELLS ME TO RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vern

the more I see of this deal.... the more uneasy I get....

might be wrong but it smells like old sunbaked fish to me....

my money would stay firmly locked in pocket....

you might do some more reseacrh...

A simple phone call should solve a universe of mysteries surrounding this very hinky sounding deal..

Plasmacam main phone number is (719) 676-2700

Last edited by H80N; 09-08-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:47 PM

Smile

H80N,

I called that number (twise) a few days ago, talked with two diferent guys, asking about GoTorch. The techs on line said they heard of a company buying licenses from Plasma cam. Started hearing things about a month ago. That's all they knew.

Ironman,

If that's a DHC1 console that might be right, because it comes with no DHC, manual height control only. The first upgrade will do the DHC1 software turn-on. The next upgrade will be all the DHC2 hardware and software, that sounds okay. No free lunch.

But still this whole thing gives me a table size I was looking for and a lot of cool stuff below.

I don't know how to explain this, but the design of the rails x,y,z on the Plasmacan is much better.

Free Cad/Cam $0.00. Save $900
Free Torch holder $0.00. Save $300
No water table. Building down draft table anyway.
Rack and pinion $0.00. No lead screws, 1000 IPM, verses 150 IPM Max.
Servo, close loop motors $0.00. No stepper with open loop.
Machine torch $0.00. save $700
Table already put together.
The DHC2 is a world of diferents software and hardware.

The money I saved, I'll dump into DHC2.

Bottom line, I'll have a top of the line PlasmaCam $10,000 table for $5,000. Sounds like a deal to be.

Last edited by Vern2; 09-08-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Iron Modification Investigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern2 View Post
Ironman,

If that's a DHC1 console that might be right, because it comes with no DHC, manual height control only. The first upgrade will do the DHC1 software turn-on. The next upgrade will be all the DHC2 hardware and software, that sounds okay. You paid for both, I will too, no free be's.
Vern, my goof. I put my glasses on, and you are right, it is the old model 95, pre-DHC.
But you can upgrade, and it does give you a start.

The virtue is always a cover for the sin. That's the key to understanding the modern left. Whatever they're accusing you of doing, they are doing themselves but more enthusiastically. And that's definitely the story of Justin Trudeau. Tucker Carlson