Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

SFT Search:   

Old 12-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Gold Star Dad

Welding machines like Longevity and Everlast will love you long time until it's time to move on.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Karma Avenger

I've used an Everlast machine for the last 50 years and it works great!!!! I can weld wood, glass, plastic and even some metals!!!! Without this machine I don't know what I would do. I highly recommend it to anybody that is a internet weldor, you know, the guys that have never laid a bead but are experts none the less. When you buy one, they throw in the second one for just handling and shipping costs. Too bad that's more than the machine costs full retail
Old 12-30-2010, 07:17 PM
trust but verify

The ChiComs already fucked up Weldingweb.

Sell your junk to North Korea. They deserve it. Consider this a hostile reception.

Piss off, drop dead, urinate into a running Neverlast (a Youtube video would be nice), do a squat thrust onto a burning oxygen lance.

This forum is the last refuge of non-corporate welding discussions. It has not sold out. Its owners are no one's bitch.

With all due respect, and noting that this represents my opinion and not necessarily that of the management. FUCK OFF.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:31 PM
I can dig it

Oh come on monckywrench, tell us how you really feel will ya?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:04 PM
trust but verify

Quote:
Oh come on monckywrench, tell us how you really feel will ya?
(Cue Larry the Cable Guy voice)

"Lord, I apologise! I was overcum with envy ever since I heard Neverlast machines could weld integrity to Obama! I gots to have me one. Time for all my ancient 'Murrican equipment collection to go to the Salvation Army."
Old 12-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Member Emeritus June 1965 - August 2015

Can't we all just get along?
I've been crawling on my belly, clearing out what could've been. I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions. I wanna feel the change consume me, feel the outside turning in. I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within.
My shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 12-30-2010, 09:09 PM

I can get along just fine without the fictitious writings of fantasy from those who would pretend to be users of of some mythical functional welding equipment from Never Never Last. To see them show up here is like finding that some uninvited scum had shat on my front porch. If they would use honesty and integrity to promote their product and in the proper channels they would do better than their current practice of creating fictitious satisfied users to try and mislead impressionable buyers to fall for their very expensive rubbish disguised as budget welding equipment. Really too heavy for use as a doorstop and not all that suitable as a boat anchor either. Though I have never personally fallen into their trap, their reputation for delivering DOA machines is well publicized. They seem to take pride in the fact that, in some cases, the machines that they send out are ROA (Repairable On Arrival).
Old 12-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Dodge City Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by monckywrench View Post
(Cue Larry the Cable Guy voice)

"Lord, I apologise! I was overcum with envy ever since I heard Neverlast machines could weld integrity to Obama! I gots to have me one. Time for all my ancient 'Murrican equipment collection to go to the Salvation Army."
Hear tell that Hawaii's Gov tried to do just that. Sumptin' bout knowing him since he was a child so he must'a been born in the USA.

Quote:
Knock, knock. Anyone home? Anyone there? Barack Obama exists only as the sock puppet of his handlers, of the people who have maneuvered and manufactured this pathetic individual’s life.
http://factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com/...ieve-life.html
Old 12-31-2010, 12:29 AM

Ahh! This is all very timely then.The same company as above invited themselves as first time poster on a Forum that I inhabit in Oz.Ostensibilbly they were there to tell all the contributors that hey! they have arrived in Australia.
I feel the same as Larwyn about uninvited retailers.Maybe if they had established a relationship assisted a poster but they just logged and started selling,no foreplay at all.

I normally would not give a rats derrierre about them but they were the same mob who were involved in the Welding Web blow up.

People on my local forum ask about the merits of different welders and not knowing anything about them I searched the forums and found the mess in welding web. I see the pattern both there and here and note their efforts at self promotion.

I posted a reply on my local forum noting that we were fond of vendors who had a walk in type shop that had spare parts,after sales service and a guarantee.I also mentioned that we liked people to introduce themselves and not make a habit of using forum bandwidth for free advertising.

Instead of an answer on the forum I recieved a PM answering my questions but generally making excuses because they were so new and etc! ETC!

The website this mob supplied was a US website that had ,wait for it! an Aussie flag to denote they were selling in Australia.Nothing else denoted any other special effort to indicate they made a real effort to begin sales on their machines in Australia.

Then again,if you have put all your money into a MOSET based 160 amp inverter DC machine theres not a lot of $ left for advertising at $359 Au each.

Anything else I need to know while I ready myself for repelling boarders on my local Forum, guys?
Old 12-31-2010, 08:02 AM

"35 year review of my Dialarc 250:

It's blue. It welds great. We'll see how well it holds up."

35 years? Mine is only 31 years old, so I guess I can stop worrying about it. They are absolutely bullet proof.

Happy New Year to everyone,

Kevin B.