Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-13-2004, 09:21 PM
arcdawg arcdawg is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
$15.00


thats funny NONE OF MY VISES are that cheap..........


damn it time to buy some more tools and try to stay away from my vises

dawg
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Jim314's Avatar
Jim314 Jim314 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denison, TX
Posts: 362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
$15.00
Looks to me like you got a heck of a deal Stickman. Of course, it probably didn't sell for as much new as Cutter's big vise did and his was free. Does yours open and close by any chance?
__________________
AC Lincoln Buzzbox
HH 175
Bobcat 225NT

Last edited by Jim314; 07-13-2004 at 10:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-13-2004, 10:20 PM
Stickman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim314
Looks to me like you got a heck of a deal Stickman. Of course, it probably didn't sell for as much new as Cutter's big vise did and his was free. Does yours open and close by any chance?
It is in very good condition. Opens to a maximum of 10".
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-13-2004, 11:02 PM
cutter's Avatar
cutter cutter is offline
Curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lubbock,Texas
Posts: 32,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim314
Looks to me like you got a heck of a deal Stickman. Of course, it probably didn't sell for as much new as Cutter's big vise did and his was free. Does yours open and close by any chance?
LOL. ZING!
__________________
cutter
Housekeeping Staff: the Gatekeeper
Director of Policy, Syntax and Grammar (by appointment)

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance. A mass movement offers them unlimited opportunities for both."
Eric Hoffer The True Believer 1951
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-14-2004, 04:17 AM
7018's Avatar
7018 7018 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SnakeBite Al.
Posts: 2,992
Send a message via Yahoo to 7018
Default

My 6 inch combo Walton was 25.00 and it opens and close's Also we were taking the long way back to the shop last thr.made a right turn on a old country road looked to the left.What did i see A big walton vise mounted to a stump,under a old shed.i think i'm going to check on it.It didn't look like anyone ha used the old shed for awhile.looked like a old farm,but had a new trailer where the old house mite have been.hope who ever owns it doesn't know what he's got

Last edited by 7018; 07-14-2004 at 04:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-18-2004, 06:58 PM
arcdawg arcdawg is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,973
Default

all i have to say is 36/24/36 thats my biggest vise ..........even bigger then my prehistoric wilton 80 pounder !!!!

dawg
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-27-2004, 06:45 PM
TheFrenchCanadian's Avatar
TheFrenchCanadian TheFrenchCanadian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7018
My 6 inch combo Walton was 25.00 and it opens and close's Also we were taking the long way back to the shop last thr.made a right turn on a old country road looked to the left.What did i see A big walton vise mounted to a stump,under a old shed.i think i'm going to check on it.It didn't look like anyone ha used the old shed for awhile.looked like a old farm,but had a new trailer where the old house mite have been.hope who ever owns it doesn't know what he's got
Hey 7018, did you ever get around to checking out that vise you saw...?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-27-2004, 07:45 PM
7018's Avatar
7018 7018 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SnakeBite Al.
Posts: 2,992
Send a message via Yahoo to 7018
Default

Not yet French But as soon as i get back from canada and get the paper work done for biss.I'm going to have a look it seems to be about the size of cutters!And i be willing to bet it OPENS AND CLOSES

Last edited by 7018; 07-27-2004 at 07:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-27-2004, 09:29 PM
TheFrenchCanadian's Avatar
TheFrenchCanadian TheFrenchCanadian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7018
Not yet French But as soon as i get back from canada and get the paper work done for biss.I'm going to have a look it seems to be about the size of cutters!And i be willing to bet it OPENS AND CLOSES
Opens and closes!! Can't wait to see that! Hopefully it won't have to involve copious amounts of chemicals and electrical current...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-28-2004, 06:11 AM
7018's Avatar
7018 7018 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SnakeBite Al.
Posts: 2,992
Send a message via Yahoo to 7018
Default

Maybe if we keep this up poor old (cutter) mite drag that thing out and give us a update!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Web Search:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.