Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Machining

SFT Search:   

Old 01-23-2019, 05:54 PM

Default NEW to me Central Machine Model 981 Drill/Mill

I purchased a Central Machine Model 981 Drill/Mill Manual, it has a manufactured date of 1986 and I am looking for the Original Owners Manual.

I have manuals on the WRONG FU, ENCO, Horrible Fright and so many others, too many differences in the quill and head elevation gears and setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_40362.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	149029  
Old 01-24-2019, 11:58 PM
Auction Addict

Cant help you, but I have over last few tears it is difficult to get manuals for Central Machinery stuff.

You want a friend in Washington? Get a dog.
Harry S. Truman
Old 01-25-2019, 01:44 AM
SFT Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Z28Nut View Post
I purchased a Central Machine Model 981 Drill/Mill Manual, it has a manufactured date of 1986 and I am looking for the Original Owners Manual.

I have manuals on the WRONG FU, ENCO, Horrible Fright and so many others, too many differences in the quill and head elevation gears and setup.
Did Jack send a copy?
Old 01-25-2019, 02:01 AM
Hey...wait...is there a prize?

Is there something in particular you need? If all you have is a drill/mill there isn't much difference between brands and not much that you really need a manual to figure out...

Measure twice and cut once...or...wait, was that the other way around?
Old 01-25-2019, 10:41 AM
Boiler God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWIZ View Post
Did Jack send a copy?
I sent the first copy that never arrived, I just found the second copy, my wife forgot to send, that package went out this morning, in a USPS flat rate enevelope to the OP.

Please forgive me for the serious delay, my family life, health and work has taken a huge toll on my life the past 3 months or so, not a real good excuse, but it the truth.

All I can ask is forgive me.

tracking number - 9505 5106 9472 9025 2040 56

Last edited by platypus20; 01-25-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:01 AM
Lubrication Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus20 View Post
I sent the first copy that never arrived, I just found the second copy, my wife forgot to sent, that package went out this morning, in a USPS flat rate enevelope to the OP.

Please forgive me for the serious delay, my family life, health and work has taken a huge toll on my life the past 3 months or so, not a real good excuse, but it the truth.

Jack, pull your ear four times then say Marry Poppins five times and then kick the can twice... and will all forgive-ya...

Now more on a serious note, It seems that the new year has not come with a lot of new or good change for many of us... as it still seems to of left us with a lot of the same issues many of us tried to square away and leave behind
so don't feel like the LoneRanger... better days are ahead of us atleast I have to believe it.

I Have Only One Wish, To Achieve "Pura Vida" In All That I Do!
Old 01-26-2019, 12:57 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWIZ View Post
Did Jack send a copy?
Never received it in the mail
Old 01-26-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I sent the first copy that never arrived, I just found the second copy, my wife forgot to send, that package went out this morning, in a USPS flat rate enevelope to the OP.

Thanks Jack,,, I will reimburse you for the shipping and send you a digital copy on CDR media.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:

Jack
I fully understand family life, health and work. Well work ,,, no one will hire me anymore because I have an Implanted Cardio Defibrillator Implant and their Workers Comp will not cover me and they won't accept any liability. Good thing I retired from the Navy and then the state of SC. Social Security isn't enough to cover my mortgage.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:

Jack

I got the manual you sent in the mail and I will be sending you a digital copy of what you sent me.
You won't ever have to mail another copy because you'll have a digital copy to eMail.
The mill image on the CD is off the manual front cover minus the milling tool in the R8 that I removed.
I'll mail it out Monday to you.

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4130.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	149203