Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

SFT Search:   

Old 01-18-2006, 01:53 PM
GOD of Strawberries!!!

Default Next project!!!

Ok, about finished with the major construction on the storage building, the rest will be peck as I go things all next summer but I have an old house that i was using for migrant labor, I am going to move them and I have some skilled labor coming on for some future work so I am going to make an apartment complex from this house. A combination of dorm, heavy duty kitchen, laundry, bedrooms, semi private baths and utility bathroom, 5 new rooms with complete remodel. It doesnt have insulation, it has a full basement though so I am going to dig all the way around and add wings, simple footer and crawl space, all the utillity feeds are already in. I am adding labs, computer lab, electronics, drafting, art studio upstairs, etc. I have another place I am redoing for another man and family but this will make crash in/out easy, I have 3 or 4 men coming in a year to do prototype and construction work and I want it comfy with their own space to work. Doing radio, electronics, drafting, puter stuff just doest lend itself well to the shop environment, it needs its own space. I have 2 yrs of my own stuff to do on a list, doesnt count any customer work,, right now we are all jack of all trades and I need to get the specialties orgainzed, I want my puter guy back on the puter,, ha
Next on our list is a little Philipino maid that can cook. I wonder if Dawg can help me find one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	big trees.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	8997  

Last edited by Sberry; 01-18-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Big Shovel

Just what the heck you got going on up there, Sberry? Some goobermnt contract or are you cloning some type of giant stawberry?

either way, sounds like an interesting re-model. If you're that board, come down here and remodel my house and add a garage for my wife. then maybe she'd get off my.............well, I better stop. :evil:
Old 01-23-2006, 01:12 PM

12-29-1943 to 1-17-2020
Curmudgeon emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdigger
Just what the heck you got going on up there, Sberry? Some goobermnt contract or are you cloning some type of giant stawberry?
No Will, now that he has become convinced of his political genius,
he figgers to have all that George Soros money to burn.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"I am not a body, I am free.
For I am still as God created me."
Old 01-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Big Shovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter
No Will, now that he has become convinced of his political genius,
he figgers to have all that George Soros money to burn.

GREAT, now I have to go back and read berry's political thread to be up to speed. I aint got that kinda time! haha
Old 01-24-2006, 08:47 AM

Best for all to get politically UP TO SPEED before the next elections. I'm all for write in cantidates.

ALan
Old 01-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Big Shovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadlinear
Best for all to get politically UP TO SPEED before the next elections. I'm all for write in cantidates.

ALan
AMEN to that Alan. We all do need to get up to speed (especially me) but man does it make my head hurt. I belong to a contractors group and once a year we meet in DC to "lobby" for issues that effect our members. We are primarily agricultural drainage and excavating contractors (not building). So, we had a relatively small membership. I've been out there 3 times (and going again in march) to lobby to the michigan congressmen. Some are receptive, others shrug you off and most, if not all refer you to their aide in that related field. (ag or whatever)

What I am trying to get at is that it is a REAL eye opener to be in the capital, and get a first hand view at what's going on out there. And we all have the right to do so. Anyone can go and meet with thier congressman/senators and sit in on the house or senate proceedings. Most of the congressmen I have talked to are real interested in hearing from a "real" person that can explain some of the stuff that they are voting on. we don't have any money and arent paid lobbyists like most, so there's no hidden agenda with our group.

I am real impressed by people that have a real understanding of politics and a firm stand (either way) because it is hard for the average joe to sift out all the BS that is fed to us by the media,poltitians and tv/talk show hosts. the more I try to learn the more confused I get.

Now................what was this thread about? I forget.