Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

SFT Search:   
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 06-04-2019, 09:49 PM
LKeithR's Avatar
LKeithR LKeithR is offline
Hey...wait...is there a prize?
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 4,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
...The ones I'm used to, you set temperature and time, pull out the knob and yer rockin'...
Wait till you get a new washing machine--every time we buy a new one they're more complicated...
__________________
Keith

Measure twice and cut once...or...wait, was that the other way around?
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 06-05-2019, 07:57 AM
Ironman's Avatar
Ironman Ironman is offline
Iron Modification Investigator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Warburg, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 13,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeithR View Post
Wait till you get a new washing machine--every time we buy a new one they're more complicated...
That's the problem. The appliances were all replaced 2018, I have no idea how to fire up the washer.
__________________
Gerry
You got freedom of speech, if you don't say too much.
Aaron Neville

"I must abide by my core values, my ethical responsibilities and constitutional obligations. There can be a cost to acting on one’s principles, but there is a bigger cost to abandoning them.” Jane Philpott
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 06-05-2019, 11:07 AM
toprecycler's Avatar
toprecycler toprecycler is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Petoskey, Michigan
Posts: 3,751
Default Proper setup of a mobile home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
That's the problem. The appliances were all replaced 2018, I have no idea how to fire up the washer.


And you probably don’t have the manual either. At least in today’s Information Age, they are easy found online.

And they will not last like the good old days. I remember having a wringer washer when I was a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk
__________________
Brian

You don't know what you don't know.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." John Wooden
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 06-05-2019, 12:36 PM
digr's Avatar
digr digr is offline
The Real Deal
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 7,937
Default

The new ones are set it and forget it, set it and forget about getting back in it.
__________________
Drawing by Smartdraw
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 06-06-2019, 04:44 PM
Rob65 Rob65 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 96
Default

Jerry, to fire a washer in your day did you first have to lay the logs, then put the cast iron pot on and fill it with how many buckets of water that you had to carry from the creak?

Rob


Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 06-06-2019, 06:51 PM
Ironman's Avatar
Ironman Ironman is offline
Iron Modification Investigator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Warburg, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 13,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob65 View Post
Jerry, to fire a washer in your day did you first have to lay the logs, then put the cast iron pot on and fill it with how many buckets of water that you had to carry from the creak?

Rob


Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk mobile app
No, but we did have to start the gas engine with the kick start pedal.
I remember when my dad brought home an electric Maytag washer that someone gave him, and told me to test it out in the yard and see if the tub leaked. I remember the tub was brass.
I plugged it in with a 25 ft extension cord and the wringer was not locked in position so the wringer head started to swing around in a circle, and the machine went up on 1 leg, and then reeled around to the next leg, and continued to stagger around the yard til the thing pulled out the cord. I was pissing my pants laughing.
Thats the way washers started in the Jurassic era, plug them in and stand clear.

Today was an uneventful day, I worked of the stair railing for the deck, and went to the dentist to get a filling replaced. I walked outa there with a brand new root canal.
__________________
Gerry
You got freedom of speech, if you don't say too much.
Aaron Neville

"I must abide by my core values, my ethical responsibilities and constitutional obligations. There can be a cost to acting on one’s principles, but there is a bigger cost to abandoning them.” Jane Philpott
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 06-06-2019, 09:11 PM
milomilo's Avatar
milomilo milomilo is offline
Auction Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wheatland, Wyoming
Posts: 14,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
No, but we did have to start the gas engine with the kick start pedal.
I remember when my dad brought home an electric Maytag washer that someone gave him, and told me to test it out in the yard and see if the tub leaked. I remember the tub was brass.
I plugged it in with a 25 ft extension cord and the wringer was not locked in position so the wringer head started to swing around in a circle, and the machine went up on 1 leg, and then reeled around to the next leg, and continued to stagger around the yard til the thing pulled out the cord. I was pissing my pants laughing.
Thats the way washers started in the Jurassic era, plug them in and stand clear.

Today was an uneventful day, I worked of the stair railing for the deck, and went to the dentist to get a filling replaced. I walked outa there with a brand new root canal.
How is the back and knee coming along?
__________________
Chris

We are losing sight of civility in government and politics. Debate and dialogue is taking a back seat to the politics of destruction and anger and control. Dogma has replaced thoughtful discussion between people of differing views.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 06-06-2019, 09:55 PM
LKeithR's Avatar
LKeithR LKeithR is offline
Hey...wait...is there a prize?
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 4,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
How is the back and knee coming along?
Must be doin' better......he wasn't complaining about them...
__________________
Keith

Measure twice and cut once...or...wait, was that the other way around?
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 06-07-2019, 07:08 AM
Ironman's Avatar
Ironman Ironman is offline
Iron Modification Investigator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Warburg, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 13,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeithR View Post
Must be doin' better......he wasn't complaining about them...
Knee is just about normal, but the back is not. One more terrible night.
Here it is. Put the dark glasses on first.
Raining today, and the wife is home. I will find some indoor work, or fix a customer's mower that backed into a stump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03871.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	151058  
__________________
Gerry
You got freedom of speech, if you don't say too much.
Aaron Neville

"I must abide by my core values, my ethical responsibilities and constitutional obligations. There can be a cost to acting on one’s principles, but there is a bigger cost to abandoning them.” Jane Philpott
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 06-09-2019, 12:15 AM
arizonian's Avatar
arizonian arizonian is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 1,202
Default

Well, a little off topic, but speaking of washing machines...

Washing Machine
__________________
Bill in sunny Tucson

I believe in gun control.

Gun Control: The ability to consistently hit what you are aiming at.

Weldor by choice, engineer by necessity.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Web Search:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.