Old 04-08-2024, 08:03 PM
Stuff, Just stuff

Yes that does look very nice!!

Scott
Old 04-08-2024, 09:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to OleDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Shade View Post
Really like that. Seems relatively simple but I know there is actually quite a bit of work involved in a project like that.

Let us know how it works out for its intended use cause if I built that for a "catch stuff" at the door table here, I would be told to keep my shit off the nice table
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Shade View Post
Really like that. Seems relatively simple but I know there is actually quite a bit of work involved in a project like that.

Let us know how it works out for its intended use cause if I built that for a "catch stuff" at the door table here, I would be told to keep my shit off the nice table
Thanks Matt. Since I'm the sole occupant of my house, it's probably going to catch a lot of mail and other debris, but I will be the one to clean it up!

Hammering the copper was not hard but it was pretty tedious. I used a little light ball peen so it wasn't physically tough, but there were a lot of strikes. The rest of the bends for the rail were done on my hossfeld, so that made it a lot easier.
OleDogClick image for larger version

Name:	20240311_181553.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	170593

Sent from my SM-G970U using ShopFloorTalk mobile app

Do not compute the totality of your poultry population until all the manifestations of incubation have been entirely completed.

Nothing says "Poor Workmanship" like wrinkles in your duct tape!!
Old 04-09-2024, 08:19 PM
Made From Scratch

That was a big area to texture with a hand hammer. It can be tough to keep a consistent pattern (or lack of a pattern when you want it to look random).

I'm thinking more and more of getting a bender and some kind of ring roller. I tend to do stuff hot on the anvil but that really is not an efficient way to make repetitive parts or hit specific dimensions most of the time.