Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Mechanical & Electrical

SFT Search:   

Old 01-22-2020, 10:00 PM
I can dig it

For an economy material project, it looks pretty damn good!

Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk mobile app
Old 01-23-2020, 08:42 AM
Nutbuster

Toprecycler, I wanted 5/4 treated deck wood but it wasn't in the budget. I had these 2x4's from the skid wood. I saved them because they were 8' long. I knew I would use them for something. This is as good as anything. I used wood like this on a car trailer floor. It was surprising it lasted for years. This may last a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using ShopFloorTalk mobile app

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."- Albert Einstien

I'm mostly worthless! You'll see.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:14 AM
Nutbuster

Thank you Grey, This truck build was completely out of the blue. Who would have thought I would have rolled that red F250. This truck is to use until I get my diesel truck back. I suppose I could sell it when I get my diesel truck back. I didnt have any of this planned. I'm just trying to get back to having a truck. The frame is broken on my green Blazer. That's needing welding too. I'm supposed to be welding the Blazer not welding a bed on this one.This one was cheap. There was plenty of things to fix on it. There is plenty of rust around the edges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using ShopFloorTalk mobile app

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."- Albert Einstien

I'm mostly worthless! You'll see.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:17 AM
Administrator

When you get it done, and if you do not have too much money into it, it can always be a spare truck to keep after you get your diesel back in the road. Nice feeling to have when you have a back up vehicle just sitting there in case if emergency. Just transfer the license and insurance over to it and you are back in business til your regular vehicle if fixed again.

Does help to start it and run it monthly though. Sometimes they get temperamental if not run in long periods of time though.

Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk

You don't know what you don't know.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." John Wooden