Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

SFT Search:   

Old 10-15-2013, 09:10 PM
That Man Behind The Curtain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Page View Post
I got someone who is going to cnc a new frame with the changes I've asked.

For the 50% of you that actually contributed something useful to my thread, I thank you. You've done me a great service.

For the other 50%, dumbass pukes, who have 'I didn't go far enough in life' syndrome that feel like they need to insult others on the Internet because of an idea, just to feel like a man...you also have my thanks because you remind me of how refreshing and rare it is to actually get some useful info from someone who isn't just burping out shit onto a keyboard and hitting "reply to thread" Yes you have my thanks, and also my pity. Keep discouraging people from learning. The real professionals will step in and pick up your slack.

I got what I need. We're done here.

/thread
glad you got what you think you needed...

but think you missed the entire point of this place...

too bad...

you might reread the posts.. with the outlook that the lighthearted comments were just that and no evil was intended..

sounds like you might be too thin skinned to survive this crew...

your loss... many of those same guys could have taught you a lot....

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..

The more you Know, The Better you Know, How little you Know (old Estonian saying)
Old 10-18-2013, 01:26 PM

Hey fellas; he's certainly no representative of all the people in the great state of OKlahoma.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Gold Star Dad

I hope the CNC guy is licensed as a firearms manufacturer. Or he at least lets the OP press the start and stop buttons on the machine.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Auction Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Page View Post

/thread
Does this mean he is cancelling his subscription?

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato

LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!

B biggest
I idot
D democrats
E ever
N nominated
Old 10-18-2013, 01:55 PM
there has to be an answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
Does this mean he is cancelling his subscription?
Yes, and he has to send the new member package back also, postage paid.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:02 PM
That Man Behind The Curtain

Talking

Well....

there are a lot of ways and variations in generating G-Code and setting up fixturing.. not to mention the sequencing of cuts...

Some good.. Some... Not So Much...

even if you have prints and or 3D files...

All dependent on the experience and skill of the CNC machinist/programmer, capability and condition of equipment/tooling..etc.. etc...

likely one or more of the "Dumbass Pukes" around here might have been able to give very useful advice on how to get past the bumps and stumbles involved..

but would not expect anyone to respond positively after the Doc's juvenile behavior....

This story ain't over yet...................

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..

The more you Know, The Better you Know, How little you Know (old Estonian saying)

Last edited by H80N; 10-18-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Twice the size--half the man

So, out of curiosity...

I know on a long gun, the receiver is the part that's technically the 'gun'. What part is it on a pistol like the one in this thread? The frame?

Also, what parts of weapons are required to be manufactured by a licensed gunsmith and one who is not? I see a lot of accessories floating around in the world, and I've already been approached to modify a couple--a mount for a flashlight to be specific. While I see no harm in enlarging the diameter of the clamp, is that something that could get a fella in trouble for doing it without a license?

Wade's Custom Kydex
Old 10-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Gold Star Dad

In this case, the frame is the firearm. There are a couple of pistols where this is not the case. I think SIG has one where the "guts" or sub-frame drops into the lower shell so the grip/frame covering is just an accessory. The KEL-TEC PF-9 is similar. The serial number is part of the insert.

On rifles, the receiver or lower is generally the firearm, but not always. The FN SCAR upper is the firearm.

Individuals can manufacture their own firearms for their own use, but there are restrictions on selling them. Otherwise you have to be licensed as a manufacturer to make the firearm portion. Anyone can make barrels, slides, triggers and whatnot.

On another note, you have to be a licensed gunsmith to do most any work on a firearm, including cleaning and adjusting, if you do it for pay. Yes, you can make parts (aside from the receiver) and accessories all you want. But you can't install them. I don't think the ATF would be too worried if you helped someone bolt on an accessory as long as that wasn't something you did for a living.

EDIT: Note that BATF stands for the Bureau of Arbitrary Technical Findings, so many of the "rules" are subject to change on a whim and may be interpreted and enforced differently depending on their mood.

Last edited by USMCPOP; 10-18-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Lord of the Minions

Quote:
As far as you finding someone to do the CNC work, personally I think your full of bull shit and as sharp as crap on a cracker. You might be an educated man, but you lack most of what is needed to survive.

I'd hate to think your log in name mirrors what you are as I really pity your daily contacts, speaking as one dumbass puke to another that is.

Quote:
Keep discouraging people from learning. The real professionals will step in and pick up your slack.
Personally, the real professionals were the ones trying to protect you from yourself.

Quoting "The Hunt". "A man will walk into hell with both eyes and arms wide open. His dog will know better."

I never thought I'd live long enough to become a grumpy old bastard. Here I am, killing it!
Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Banned

Lw thank you for saying it.

And a futher definition of us trying to "save" the O.P.

I didn't care if the dam slide did shear off, and keep coming back
into O.P."s forehead.....wouldn't do that much hurting.

"Failure" is when the machine don't operate when needed....cause
it jammed.

Saving as in your bacon...

Tags
braze, brazing, filing, handgun