Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

SFT Search:   
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #701  
Old 08-08-2019, 07:01 PM
OldRedFord's Avatar
OldRedFord OldRedFord is offline
Kibble King
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hull GA
Posts: 3,620
Send a message via AIM to OldRedFord Send a message via Yahoo to OldRedFord
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Are you having fun in the mud this year too?
Earlier in the year yes. Work keeps getting in the way but I'm not complaining.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190808_194327357.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	151737  
__________________
Tim
Self appointed director of junk, and old vehicles.
Reply With Quote
  #702  
Old 08-08-2019, 08:08 PM
mccutter's Avatar
mccutter mccutter is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRedFord View Post
Earlier in the year yes. Work keeps getting in the way but I'm not complaining.
Keep up the faith and keep at it...

My soon-to-be ex-tenants have left me with a similar structure I'm going to have to tear down! Floors look as water damaged as yours...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shed.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	151739  
__________________

TA Arcmaster 185 w/tig/stick kit
MillerMatic 252 w/3rd gen 30A
MM140 w/o AS, w/CO2
Hobart (Miller) 625 plasma
Hobart 250ci plasma
Victor O/A (always ready, but bored)
Lincoln Patriot autodark (freebie)
45ACP Black Talons for those stubborn jobs...
Reply With Quote
  #703  
Old 08-08-2019, 08:24 PM
OldRedFord's Avatar
OldRedFord OldRedFord is offline
Kibble King
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hull GA
Posts: 3,620
Send a message via AIM to OldRedFord Send a message via Yahoo to OldRedFord
Default

Luckily it's not the final floor. I'm going to install 3/4 plywood over the 1/2 that is there now after everything is dry.
__________________
Tim
Self appointed director of junk, and old vehicles.
Reply With Quote
  #704  
Old 08-09-2019, 11:50 AM
randydupree's Avatar
randydupree randydupree is offline
Why, Hell Yes!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bainbridge Ga
Posts: 6,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRedFord View Post
Luckily it's not the final floor. I'm going to install 3/4 plywood over the 1/2 that is there now after everything is dry.
I was hoping to see you pouring the shop floor or something.
Get on it Tim,daylights burning!
Reply With Quote
  #705  
Old 08-10-2019, 01:50 PM
OldRedFord's Avatar
OldRedFord OldRedFord is offline
Kibble King
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hull GA
Posts: 3,620
Send a message via AIM to OldRedFord Send a message via Yahoo to OldRedFord
Default

Phone tells me it's 89 here right now. Truck says 107 in the sun and 95 in the shade. Got all the rafters cut for the roof and stopped to eat lunch. Working solo as usual despite requests for help but I'll get there one way or another.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190810_141121959.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	151746   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190810_141128336.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	151747  
__________________
Tim
Self appointed director of junk, and old vehicles.
Reply With Quote
  #706  
Old 08-10-2019, 01:51 PM
OldRedFord's Avatar
OldRedFord OldRedFord is offline
Kibble King
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hull GA
Posts: 3,620
Send a message via AIM to OldRedFord Send a message via Yahoo to OldRedFord
Default

Guess my new phone needs to be held different for pictures.
__________________
Tim
Self appointed director of junk, and old vehicles.
Reply With Quote
  #707  
Old 08-10-2019, 03:44 PM
greywynd's Avatar
greywynd greywynd is offline
I can dig it
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wainwright, Alberta
Posts: 4,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRedFord View Post
Phone tells me it's 89 here right now. Truck says 107 in the sun and 95 in the shade. Got all the rafters cut for the roof and stopped to eat lunch. Working solo as usual despite requests for help but I'll get there one way or another.


Get used to the working alone, and make sure to keep ‘notes’ as to who was busy and who helped.

Almost 35 years ago, before I was even a teen, I had a guy dome a favour even though I hadn’t asked for it. Told him that when he went to build a garage in the near future, let me know and I’d help how I could.

Fast forward a few months, my dad and I drive by and his garage is in progress. I asked dad to run me back after hitting home for tools. (I didn’t have a driver’s license yet, wasn’t old enough!)

To this day we’re still friends, as I was the only one that showed to help, in spite of him not asking me. Seems he’d asked several others and had been turned down, and gave up calling before he got to me.

In fact, even with 2500 miles between us, we would still help each other however we could these days.


Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #708  
Old 08-10-2019, 03:51 PM
astronut's Avatar
astronut astronut is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Down South
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywynd View Post
Get used to the working alone, and make sure to keep ‘notes’ as to who was busy and who helped.

Almost 35 years ago, before I was even a teen, I had a guy dome a favour even though I hadn’t asked for it. Told him that when he went to build a garage in the near future, let me know and I’d help how I could.

Fast forward a few months, my dad and I drive by and his garage is in progress. I asked dad to run me back after hitting home for tools. (I didn’t have a driver’s license yet, wasn’t old enough!)

To this day we’re still friends, as I was the only one that showed to help, in spite of him not asking me. Seems he’d asked several others and had been turned down, and gave up calling before he got to me.

In fact, even with 2500 miles between us, we would still help each other however we could these days.


Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk mobile app
Now that is true friends, you and he! You dont find very many people like that these days.
__________________
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like, victory!

Victor Torch Set With Meco Regs
Lincoln Weld Pak 100
Giant Tech Arc 200
Miller Roughneck2E
Reply With Quote
  #709  
Old 08-10-2019, 07:04 PM
OldRedFord's Avatar
OldRedFord OldRedFord is offline
Kibble King
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hull GA
Posts: 3,620
Send a message via AIM to OldRedFord Send a message via Yahoo to OldRedFord
Default

Got the roof framed. Next I'm going to build some scaffolding off the low eave side for getting on the roof easier. Mainly a safety thing seeing I'll probably be working alone and if I fell or something I might be there a while unnoticed.

Edit I'm holding the phone vertical when I take my pictures. Hmm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190810_173118527.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	151752  
__________________
Tim
Self appointed director of junk, and old vehicles.
Reply With Quote
  #710  
Old 08-10-2019, 07:38 PM
toprecycler's Avatar
toprecycler toprecycler is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Petoskey, Michigan
Posts: 4,035
Default

Right side up pics!

Keep making progress. And if you figure out how to get people to show up to help, let us know.



Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1549.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	151753Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1548.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	151754Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1547.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	151755


Sent from my iPhone using ShopFloorTalk
__________________
Brian

You don't know what you don't know.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." John Wooden
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Web Search:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.