Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

SFT Search:   

Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Searching for the Standard of Purity

This is more than I thought.They are celebrities now, they can do whatever they want.If they go to jail, media will follow them.What they are going to do in jail, you guess right -choppers.They will became even more famous.It never ends, once you are in, you are in big time.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Lord of the Minions

Quote:
And he may surprise you on the abilities he has.
You could be right MidMo', but I think Paul Sr. has tried having Mikey do a little of everything, with little success with at any. His time spent at the Iron Fab shop ended as quickly as his actual hands on work at OCc with Jr. I don't think they even allow him to answer the phones anymore. lol

Quoting "The Hunt". "A man will walk into hell with both eyes and arms wide open. His dog will know better."

I never thought I'd live long enough to become a grumpy old bastard. Here I am, killing it!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:17 PM

12-29-1943 to 1-17-2020
Curmudgeon emeritus

It wouldn't surprise me one bit for Mikey to turn out to be the only member of the family to be worth a damn. It appears that he's always played the most difficult role in the whole theater and could probably do anything he set his mind to - if he wanted to.
Nor will it surprise me if he never wants to. Maybe that's why I kinda liked him the few times I watched their soap opera.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"I am not a body, I am free.
For I am still as God created me."
Old 09-05-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadranco View Post
When I was younger back in Europe I build bikes too.Mostly off road.But did one chopper too.So I have idea what it take to build good bike. On OCC you can hear them saying how bike is beautiful and run awesome.Then you can see test run and uncomfortable driving position.Most of the time with no rear suspension, yet they still claim how good it is. This is just Holywood. Beautyfull show piece.
Good points you raise.

Have you noticed when you see Teutel Senior or Junior riding one of their bikes in a straight lne at a steady pace? You can see the front wheel wandering two to three inches left and right from center about every 100 yards. That's a symptom or too much rake and improper trail design.

As others mention, their safety practices are not good. Perhaps they drop their guard so that the TV can be made more interesting. On the other hand, safety is safety and should be paid attention to at all times.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Gold Star Dad

Mikey's the man, I tell you. He can get a laugh while tolerating fools. Cutter, you should send him a ForkSnatch cap. In fact, you should correspond with him about a new ForkSnatch TV show. Mikey could drive it, and fetch all the crap from the shelves and load it onto creditor's trucks.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Why, Hell Yes!

he could load the crediters trucks!!
man,thats a good one!!hahahaaaa!
Old 09-05-2007, 10:32 PM

I like the shows about the build-offs with Indian Larry and Billy Lane. And the one that was on the speed channel Build of Bust with the Exile Cycles. OCC sucks, I was amazed when it first came on that they were just buying all the parts I stopped watching cause I was tired of listening to them ***** all the time.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Founder: Machining Forum

Anybody can make their own parts from scratch put on a few tattoos grow long hair and scoff at authority and sell bikes, it takes real talent to buy all the parts slap them together and call it a work of art and sell it for 50,000. I give OCC all the credit, who else can put together bikes that run crooked down the road and get rich doing it, the American Dream continues. Whats amazing to me now is that it has become cool to bash OCC, if you want to give yourself some instant credibility just jump in a forum and start a OCC sucks thread , you will instantly get about 20 people agreeing with you.

Tact is for people who aren’t witty enough to use sarcasm.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Founder: Machining Forum

they do suck by the way

Tact is for people who aren’t witty enough to use sarcasm.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:04 PM

None of the guys at OCC or that guy...what is his name... the one that does Monster Garage... can weld for shiznit.

I'd probably get along with the guys just fine, but it always amazes me how many people think they're the greatest welders ever. They'd never even pass the hire-in test at 90% of the jobs I've worked on.