Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Machining

SFT Search:   

Old 01-11-2021, 05:22 PM
Boiler God

Default My Toolots.com Saga

About 2-3 months ago I ordered a series of ER 40 collets for my new MR-26A drill bit sharpener, so I ordered the collets from Toolots.com. My mistake, they put the 5 collets in an 8” x 8” x 8” box with obsolutely zero packaging material. The trip from California to central New York State, was like a meat grinder, the collets were basically useless, the return process was so convoluted, that I ate the purchase. Now fast forward 2 months, I made another mistake, I ordered a expensive “high precision” set of ER 40 collets, the mistake was ordering them from the same place. This set was shown in a case fitted plastic briefcase, it arrived today, the plastic briefcase was the shipping container. It was wrapped in about 3 layers of black plastic shrink wrap, the case was banged up, scuffed all to hell and inside the ”high precision” collets were laying in a pile, with a the individual shrink wrap ground off, scuff marks and dings covering them, two of the collets actually look used. To say I’m discussed is an understatement. You live and you learn, my call to the service line, was answered by a person, who’s native language was not English. I got so frustrated, that I just gave up. I’ll never order from them again.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:30 PM
Iron Modification Investigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus20 View Post
About 2-3 months ago I ordered a series of ER 40 collets for my new MR-26A drill bit sharpener, so I ordered the collets from Toolots.com. My mistake, they put the 5 collets in an 8” x 8” x 8” box with obsolutely zero packaging material. The trip from California to central New York State, was like a meat grinder, the collets were basically useless, the return process was so convoluted, that I ate the purchase. Now fast forward 2 months, I made another mistake, I ordered a expensive “high precision” set of ER 40 collets, the mistake was ordering them from the same place. This set was shown in a case fitted plastic briefcase, it arrived today, the plastic briefcase was the shipping container. It was wrapped in about 3 layers of black plastic shrink wrap, the case was banged up, scuffed all to hell and inside the ”high precision” collets were laying in a pile, with a the individual shrink wrap ground off, scuff marks and dings covering them, two of the collets actually look used. To say I’m discussed is an understatement. You live and you learn, my call to the service line, was answered by a person, who’s native language was not English. I got so frustrated, that I just gave up. I’ll never order from them again.
Too bad Jack, I guess you had to pee on the fence again. Try Bangood, when I got mine they were individually wrapped. Was this shipped by United Parcel Smashers?

The virtue is always a cover for the sin. That's the key to understanding the modern left. Whatever they're accusing you of doing, they are doing themselves but more enthusiastically. And that's definitely the story of Justin Trudeau. Tucker Carlson
Old 01-11-2021, 06:45 PM
Boiler God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Too bad Jack, I guess you had to pee on the fence again. Try Bangood, when I got mine they were individually wrapped. Was this shipped by United Parcel Smashers?
Unionized Parcel Smashers.......

Here are the pictures that would not load on the first post

1 - the case
2 - what I saw when I opened the case
3 - the total packaging
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C1BC2373-2AD5-4D9E-9E0C-EDAC40FD11FD.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	159141   Click image for larger version

Name:	A699EFBD-0A5C-4048-8F13-9299046298DE.jpeg
Views:	159
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	159142   Click image for larger version

Name:	629141D5-6F67-4998-B11E-F9A446080639.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	159143  
Old 01-11-2021, 07:13 PM
Karma Avenger

United Parcel Smashers is doing a fine job messing up our motorcycles and ATVs too. I have no idea why they're using them to ship our product but the crates show up at our dealers looking like they were in a crash. Or towed on a rope behind the truck.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:01 PM
Not to be used as a Flotation Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDoctor View Post
United Parcel Smashers is doing a fine job messing up our motorcycles and ATVs too. I have no idea why they're using them to ship our product but the crates show up at our dealers looking like they were in a crash. Or towed on a rope behind the truck.
You pay extra to have them hauled inside the truck.....
Old 01-12-2021, 09:26 AM
Chairman of the Headboard

Location: Northwest Illinois,.. the land of Fat Greasy Pancakes

Right now, and for the last couple years, Ive been making my living pedaling tools and parts on fleabay.

I ship OEM tools using all the usual offenders including the PO. I learned over 20 years ago, when you pack things, they need to sustain at least a 4' dead drop, because chances are almost 100%, that is what is going to happen at least once before its delivered.

Ive gotten pretty good, knock on wood.. because I never hear from anyone that their purchase got pooched.

I also will NOT sell certain things for shipping if I know it cant be sufficiently packaged for safe transfer.

Allot of times, when someone asks " What do you do " I might reply that Im in " shipping " because it seems like I spend most of my time procuring cardboard and packing shit up. My basement literally looks like a small business shipping department, complete with pneumatic carton staplers.

Just minutes ago, I was looking at a 230a Neece Leville Alternator to buy for my P/U, and my first / default search went to " who can I buy this from that WONT throw it in flat rate box with no packing and let her rip... LOL, that is sad, but true.

Been there, done that.,..
Old 01-12-2021, 10:46 AM
Elite Member

IF the case didn't come open I don't see how the collets could have been damaged. Those pockets they should have been in should have protected them . Did some "inspector" open the case and just cram the collets in without putting them in the pockets. Like the assholes at the airport that opened the ice-chest full of frozen green chilli and then just swept it up in a box for my wife to drag to the kinfolks back east in December. :-)
...lew...
Old 01-12-2021, 11:29 AM
Boiler God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Hartswick View Post
IF the case didn't come open I don't see how the collets could have been damaged. Those pockets they should have been in should have protected them . Did some "inspector" open the case and just cram the collets in without putting them in the pockets. Like the assholes at the airport that opened the ice-chest full of frozen green chilli and then just swept it up in a box for my wife to drag to the kinfolks back east in December. :-)
...lew...
Lew,

The foam is so battered it does not hold the collets in place anymore (if it really ever did), if you put the collets in the holes, close it, then pick it up, the collets fall to the bottom, in a pile. The 1/2” and the 5/8” collets had no wrapping (damaged or even present in the case), leaving me to believe they were used and /or this was a returned item, they just wrapped (poorly) and sent to me.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:51 PM
The Real Deal

Sorry to hear about your fiasco! If you need some abrasives this is a good place to buy them IMHO I thought their prices were good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bill.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	159148   Click image for larger version

Name:	absing.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	159149  
Old 01-13-2021, 08:47 PM

I had to pick a parcel sent by courier last year, as I pulled into the parking lot they were unloading a truck using a forklift, the driver lost the load and the parcels went everywhere. They just started chucking the parcels onto the pallet and he drove off and returned with another pallet to repeat the process. That is what you are up against.