Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

SFT Search:   

Old 02-12-2019, 09:47 PM
Lubrication Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmack898 View Post
Jersey is 4 months old in the rear view mirror, I guess I'll never stop being reminded

In looking back at the picture issue, Zach said to turn the phone 90* to the left, I took a test pic and it worked. When I took the pics of the gates this afternoon the last thing I remembered was Cutter saying that the home button needed to be on the left, so that's what I did.

Putting the home button on the left turns the phone 90* to the right, and that's why the pics are upside down.
I don't know if the I phone has the option in menu settings or tools like the most android but my android has a setting that allows you to set it to auto flip screen and should orientate it to being normal when the pic is taken
my android did the same thing in upside down pics until I was told about the screen option... but again I don't know this to be an option for I phones my self have never owned an I phone but not sure why it wouldn't, being a more high-end phone than an android type..
Old 02-13-2019, 12:03 AM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmack898 View Post
When I took the pics of the gates this afternoon the last thing I remembered was Cutter saying that the home button needed to be on the left, so that's what I did.

Putting the home button on the left turns the phone 90* to the right, and that's why the pics are upside down.
That's the way my phone works, just opposite of yours, evidently.
I guess it's another Mamie thing. "There's some things we're just not meant to understand."

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"I am not a body, I am free.
For I am still as God created me."
Old 02-13-2019, 12:44 AM
Lubrication Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter View Post
That's the way my phone works, just opposite of yours, evidently.
I guess it's another Mamie thing. "There's some things we're just not meant to understand."
This is supposedly how to fix the upside down pic thing, with them I phone
My tech guy sent me this... but not sure if all iPhones have the same setting capabilities.

How To Fix Camera App Upside Down Issue on iPhone in iOS 8
Solution #1.
Launch Compass app and then calibrate it.
Go to Settings of your iPhone → Scroll down and tap on Compass.
Open Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
Step #2. Tap on Portrait Orientation Lock icon to switch it on.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:13 PM
That HURT!

I've been working my ass off at the day job but things are happening at the Grove. Bernie has the shop site cleared of all tumps and he is about 50% done with the home site. He has a 14" bucket on his mini-ex and it makes short work of most sumps. Some of the smaller ones he can grab and pull in one motion. Some of the bigger stumps can take a few minutes.

He has a fracture that is leaking on the hard line to the thumb. I will weld it up for him on Friday. One of the things I brought down here on the first load was my Trailblazer, with a HD251, spool gun, air cooled TIG torch, and a bottle of gas.

The site is coming along nicely. Bernie will be bringing in a small dozer with a root rake to finish things up.

I am planning on making a trip north to get Sardino, the golf cart, my Harley, and whatever else I can fit on the trailer. Laura is flying down net week and wee are driving up on 3/5/19 and I will be the return trip on the 14th. I'm hoping the Trevor will be riding shotgun on the way back down but if he can't make it I'll get one of my friends as a co-pilot.

Here's a video of Bernie getting after a stump https://youtu.be/CYI95EVW1D4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3397.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	149564