Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

SFT Search:   

Old 09-11-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter View Post
Shop Floor Talk.
Cutter
Stupid me you know how some of us newbies can be I am catching on thanks for the clue, sorry. By the way thanks for the welcome guys.
Miller CP 300 w/ 22a feeder

Last edited by 3C welding; 09-11-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWIZ View Post
I looked for the K607-1 manual on the Lincoln web site, I did not find it.
Do you have a manual ?

Call Lincoln and ask them to send you all the manuals especially the schematic, tell them you want to repair the one you have.

Not all spoolguns are the same, what's the make ?

Some of these box's are just cheap power supply's.
I have searched all over lincolns non user friendly site aswell and got nothing out of it. I google search a million combinations and found a manual for the K607-1 but it did not have the details i need to try to put one togather, however it had part numbers and I thought might chase the important parts down that way. The only thing in the k607-1 that i am not sure about is a P.C. board according to the manual I found it has one in it. I have not purchased a spoolgun yet until I knew if I could make it work. If a cheap power supply is what I have to get than I will if it will hold up and work.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:23 PM
SFT Historian

I cant help you without seeing what you have on the k607-1

Manual IM-453-A.
Assuming I looked at the right manual, the Wire matic 250 manual does not say anything about using the k607-1.
Or did I miss it ?

Why do you think you need the k607-1.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Post Fiend

The following link takes you to a setup that would probably work for you.sga100 and 3035 spooler I have also seen a Spoolmatic 1 spoolgun with controller for a few hundred bucks, also. That could be a lower cost alternative.

But if you have the patience, keep combing Ebay and craigslist for the "right" unit or compatible unit--you might find what you're looking for for cheap.

Dea at JustArc could probably help you with an adapter but they can be pricey...

The expression "throwing good money after bad" comes to mind. Some of the old iron just can't do what you want it to do and by the time you buy adapters and controllers and the time you spend, you could have bought something turn-key and spent the time earning money to pay for it. Christmas/Chaunukah/Qwanzaa are coming soon so that could be an option...

TA Arcmaster 185 w/tig/stick kit
MillerMatic 252 w/3rd gen 30A
MM140 w/o AS, w/CO2
Hobart (Miller) 625 plasma
Hobart 250ci plasma
Victor O/A (always ready, but bored)
Lincoln Patriot autodark (freebie)
45ACP Black Talons for those stubborn jobs...
Old 09-14-2009, 09:23 AM

That is the right manual, over the weekend I did some more homework on it and saw the same thing no k607 insight. The reason I was looking for it was because my dealer here told me originally that I would need it for the new spool guns to hook up (I think he is lost). According to my manual It says the k487 gun should just hook up with no adapters. It also shows that the machine has an on board spool gun module, which I missed the first time I read through it. Pages 11-12. I will varify the machine this evening when I get home.
Thanks for helping I will update soon.
Maybe this will solve this thread
Chris
Old 09-15-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccutter View Post
The following link takes you to a setup that would probably work for you.sga100 and 3035 spooler I have also seen a Spoolmatic 1 spoolgun with controller for a few hundred bucks, also. That could be a lower cost alternative.

But if you have the patience, keep combing Ebay and craigslist for the "right" unit or compatible unit--you might find what you're looking for for cheap.

Dea at JustArc could probably help you with an adapter but they can be pricey...

The expression "throwing good money after bad" comes to mind. Some of the old iron just can't do what you want it to do and by the time you buy adapters and controllers and the time you spend, you could have bought something turn-key and spent the time earning money to pay for it. Christmas/Chaunukah/Qwanzaa are coming soon so that could be an option...
I have looked at this option because I also have a toy welder 135xp it would work on but I was not sure about it in combination with the linconln and Dea has been very helpful those far. For the money that I have in the machince it may be more cost affective to trade up and go back to a blue machine ready to run a spool gun you know. I have plenty of time to keep looking for a control box and gun if anyone has a good buy out there.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3C welding View Post
That is the right manual, over the weekend I did some more homework on it and saw the same thing no k607 insight. The reason I was looking for it was because my dealer here told me originally that I would need it for the new spool guns to hook up (I think he is lost). According to my manual It says the k487 gun should just hook up with no adapters. It also shows that the machine has an on board spool gun module, which I missed the first time I read through it. Pages 11-12. I will varify the machine this evening when I get home.
Thanks for helping I will update soon.
Maybe this will solve this thread
Chris
This is all false wrong machine I called lincoln and everything still goes back to the k607-1 adapter.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:55 PM

I am not sure about Lincoln spool guns but I just bought a brand new Spoolmatic Miller spool gun and it did not come with the adapter to run it from a multi purpose XMT304. "You needed to purchase an adapter" is what the sales guy said. so $245 later I am the proud owner of a $25 transformer that chokes 110 volts down to 24 volts. It is all propietary so you cannot just go to the local electronics store and get it cheap. If it is really hard to find your part, it might not be that difficult to adapt it yourself IFyou know what you are doing. The pin connectors will be the hardest to find and solder up.

"Yes, we did produce a near perfect Republic. But will they keep it? Or will they in their enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the surest way to destruction. Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just."

Thomas Jefferson

If you spent 1 million dollars every day from the time Christ walked the earth until now, you still would not have spent 1 trillion dollars!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:51 AM

After extensive, deligent and much patience I have found what I believe is the last remaining K607-1 adapter kit in the world. The instructions in the kit verify that it goes to my machine and everything fits right up. Weldsource.com is where I found it for 251 dollars. So now I am in the market for a reasonable Ck systematic, snap on, or lincoln magnum spool gun they are all the same and are made by Ck systematic.
Thanks
Chris