Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Machining

SFT Search:   

Old 11-18-2020, 10:59 AM
Director of Languages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Is your bid the 41 Euro?

If you want to cut key ways, I think the Wrong Flu machine would be better and more rigid. And you can control the depth of the key way much better. Keep on having those impure thoughts.
there's no bids on it yet??

Oh yeah the startrite is just a drill, not even an especially heavy one, just better than a modern chinese unit. but that deal's fallen through, seller quoted me £55 shipping and then when he went to ship he suddenly wasnt being quoted that, more like £130. he couldnt afford to take the hit (I'd scored the drill for £46) and I couldnt justify the shipping.

Rong fu seller has had some viewers and isnt interested in accepting offers, he's gonna let the auction run. we'll see.

Speaking of keyways I saw a fascinating video in my RongFuAthon on youtube last night. Someone was changing the motor on one, new motor had a 24mm shaft with 8mm keyway vs the original was a 22mm with 6mm keyway. He had a lathe so was able to bore the ali stepped pulley out to size. for the keyway enlargement he locked the lathe, put a wood chisel in the tool post and ran the chisel in and out of both sides of the keyway, kinda like he made his own shaper. worked a treat.
Old 11-19-2020, 05:31 PM
Director of Languages

Here's something I've not seen before.

Some breed of round column small Bridgeport

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/used-brid....c100930.m5375
Old 11-19-2020, 07:12 PM
Iron Modification Investigator

If you want 'just a drill' look for a Nider gearhead drill. I have a Nider NI64 and I am real happy with it.
All gear drive from 50 rpm to 1300, by gears and 2 speed motor.
Its Swedish, and is probably much easier to find and less money over in Euro land.

I'd go for the Bridgeport, if you can swing it. looks like it is 3 phase with a VFD and a speed control dial.

The virtue is always a cover for the sin. That's the key to understanding the modern left. Whatever they're accusing you of doing, they are doing themselves but more enthusiastically. And that's definitely the story of Justin Trudeau. Tucker Carlson