Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Blacksmithing & Forming

SFT Search:   

Old 03-15-2020, 10:40 AM
Gadget Girl

Default Polygon diamond ( Hexagon).. Polygon is the angle at the corner.

Latest video on a different take on the skill set using the one learned in the Blacksmith Diamond series is now live on Youtube channel.

it shows a slightly different form and really is just 1 of many they can be applied using the same skill set as the diamonds.

Enjoy.

If you like the videos it's really important to like them (thumbs up) and subscribe.. These take a long time to put together and if you appreciate the unique information.. Say so by liking and subscribing.

https://youtu.be/TS27wo5oQuc

If I defend myself I am attacked.

My meaningless thoughts are showing me a meaningless world.

My attack thoughts are attacking my invulnerability.

I'd like to think of something smart, but I don't want to hurt myself.

My google+ page

DoALL 36"
Another Johnson model J Project
Lathe? Maybe..... 1958 SBL 13"
Yeti Esseti Aka running welder on 3phase.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:45 PM
Elite Member

Jen, I tried to do the thumbs up, but the confuser tells me I have to google, tweet or make some other kind of noise. So you can tack on another "Phantom" thumbs up. At least until they let us Luddites have access.

Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

Grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can & the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!
Old 03-16-2020, 04:47 AM
Gadget Girl

thanks Norm.

One has to be logged into an account to like or subscribe.

Google and Youtube have an algorithm that the more likes a video has the more it gets processed into a search which means more times it actually gets seen by more people..

I think the information is presented well, but the channel is painfully slow to grow so often think, I'm just wasting my time so why bother.

If I defend myself I am attacked.

My meaningless thoughts are showing me a meaningless world.

My attack thoughts are attacking my invulnerability.

I'd like to think of something smart, but I don't want to hurt myself.

My google+ page

DoALL 36"
Another Johnson model J Project
Lathe? Maybe..... 1958 SBL 13"
Yeti Esseti Aka running welder on 3phase.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:25 AM
Elite Member

I don't think you are wasting your time. The skills shown in the videos will be there for people to see. Probably by more people than go to shows, be they engine, smithing, craft etc. A link on the side of your trailer to your web-site will bring in a few more, and word of mouth (There are many "Mouths" on this site) even more. Dave Richard's site was slow to get rolling. I'm not sure how "Fast" it is now, but his shop is there for all to see in the future, even after we are all dust. Just think what it would be like for an artist to see da Vinci or Michelangelo at work. Don't stop now.

Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

Grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can & the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!
Old 03-16-2020, 10:01 PM

Jen you are definitely not wasting your time! I’m subscribed and while I have not watched every thing you have posted (yet) I always hit the thumbs up. I have also been telling others about your channel. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-17-2020, 05:49 AM

I agree; You are not wasting your time. I subscribed at the end of the first of your videos that i watched and have watched them all but the 3D ones. Have told several others about your work and believe that they have subscribed.

Truly admire your hammer work ,my son now understands what i was trying to show him after showing him your videos.

Thank You for your efforts.

wayne

Google would suck the snot from a dead man's nose for profit.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:56 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by allessence View Post
I think the information is presented well, but the channel is painfully slow to grow so often think, I'm just wasting my time so why bother.
You are NOT wasting your time! The nail video has over 7000 views, the spoon video has over 10k and the twist handle video has almost 71k views so that is a VERY good thing. Certainly something to be proud of. I watched a couple ads so hopefully that will help.

I didn't notice if you used "swear" words but according to my son that will get the monetizing turned off. And you SHOULD be into this for the money--there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being a good little capitalist like so many on gootoob hope to be. Why not get paid to do something you enjoy? Maybe consider linking to a merch page like all the other $ucce$$ful gootoobers. Forged nail earrings and stuff like that.

Don't get discouraged if your videos don't "take off". I'm not trying to disparage blacksmithing , but it might not have QUITE the allure of say racecars doing donuts OR people shooting guns OR blowing stuff up OR putting on the latest makeup OR playing the latest video games OR a chick cutting grass in her bikini and so on. Not that I watch those types of videos but many younger gootoob viewers do. And they watch the ads and buy the products in those ads, theoretically...

Maybe you need to get a hula grass skirt with coconut brassiere and Hawaiian music playing in the background or something. A lot of toobers have a "schtick" of some sort but many do NOT. And I do not think you should either... Just be yourself and have fun.

The videos I watched seemed well-produced and the dual-cameras are a nice touch. Admittedly, I haven't watched that many of your videos because of limited time to watch ANY videos. The sound was as good as to be expected with the hammering native to a forge.

You might want to zoom out for some shots to show the entire Jenn at work, maybe talk directly to the camera on occasion. Tell some blacksmith jokes... Makes it a little more personal for the viewer. Don't get discouraged--you'll be fine...

PS: and in reading some of the viewer comments, it is apparent that some do not know that you are a woman. Comments like "good job man" and "thank you for the info, sir". Do not shy away from that fact. You should introduce yourself by name at the beginning of every video. I don't know if gootoob would let you since the channel is already established but "Female Forge" or "Jenn's Hot Fire" might be more attention-grabbing names... You should Embrace the Estrogen and can do so without being a helpless girly-girl...

TA Arcmaster 185 w/tig/stick kit
MillerMatic 252 w/3rd gen 30A
MM140 w/o AS, w/CO2
Hobart (Miller) 625 plasma
Hobart 250ci plasma
Victor O/A (always ready, but bored)
TA 95 lunchbox w/tig
45ACP Black Talons for those stubborn jobs...

Last edited by mccutter; 03-18-2020 at 12:32 AM.