Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

SFT Search:   

Old 11-23-2019, 03:02 AM
Post Fiend

Smile Under Bench And Behind Door

Under the bench and behind the door...

As many are curious (nosy ) about other's shop "backgrounds", I thought I might elaborate on mine.

I have a mop and bucket that were returned recently from a long-term "loan" arrangement. While handy to have, storage can be an issue so under the bench and behind the door they go.

Pics show a "cover" for a mop bucket made from a Home Depot contractor bag. Cut down to size and hole poked through for the handle. The bag keeps dust and metal cuttings, etc. from getting inside the bucket. I'm not a big mopping/cleaning freak but a mop and bucket DO come in handy on occasion. I think I paid $5 at auction for the mop and bucket...

Bucket lives under the bench in close proximity to the drill press. Also in attendance are a Rigid vac marked "dry only" and a ShopVac bucket vac for the wet stuff with attachments and hose stored inside.

Also under this part of the bench is a little step Al ladder that was my mom's and is probably older than I am. And a rolling stool that was a "freebie" from an auction lot.

The mop handle is stored behind the door along with an appliance truck, a sledgehammer that serves mainly as a door stop (or impromptu weapon ), a Razor scooter when I feel lazy and/or adventurous to travel to the end of the building, the mop that goes with the bucket, a squeegie for when it rains hard, a garden hose that I can't leave hooked up outside because people don't respect other's property and some empty denatured containers that I should probably toss... The containers do make an impromptu parts cleaning bucket if you cut out the white part and fold the edges over...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ubabd1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	153154   Click image for larger version

Name:	ubabd2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	153155   Click image for larger version

Name:	ubabd3.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	153156   Click image for larger version

Name:	ubabd4.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	153157   Click image for larger version

Name:	ubabd5.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	153158  

TA Arcmaster 185 w/tig/stick kit
MillerMatic 252 w/3rd gen 30A
MM140 w/o AS, w/CO2
Hobart (Miller) 625 plasma
Hobart 250ci plasma
Victor O/A (always ready, but bored)
Lincoln Patriot autodark (freebie)
45ACP Black Talons for those stubborn jobs...

Last edited by mccutter; 11-23-2019 at 03:29 AM.