Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

SFT Search:   

Old 10-03-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.jelly View Post
Do you guys do component replacement on these boards, or just change out the boards?
Depends, if it's a warranty, repairing the boards is a no, no.

Off warranty sure, as boards are a relitively simple fix especially with a known good board.

Then again it depends on the type of board, a potted board is extremely thin making it very difficult to remove the potting compound without snapping the board. We have surface mount removing tools for the SMD boards, though often this hassle is really not worth it. Then you get the 3 layer boards, extra tough to t-shoot let alone repair these.

I get extreme discounts from Miller and Lincoln anyways so I compare the cost to rebuild versus the cost of a new board and generally pass the savings to the customer unlike some repair firms who tend to price components list + 20%. Ours is cost + 15%
Old 02-07-2009, 10:37 PM

Default xmt304 no output.

voltage is around 6 v amps is 90 or whatever you dial in.i turn it on then in about a minute i get help p7.i called miller the man had me unplug the plug on pc1 that goes to the igbts.anyway he said the main board pc1 was bad.i bought a new ouch 925 bucks.anyway i still have the same problem.guys these machines will bankrupt you.this machine i have had for around 8 years and have spent around 2,000 in repairs over this time.now the miller guy was wrong and i spent 925 bucks and its the same as before i replaced it.any help id be glad to hear.iam thinking one of the diodes is bad on pc2.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Elite Member

Am I the only one who can't see the pictures, or were they pulled for some reason...........thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Am I the only one who can't see the pictures, or were they pulled for some reason...........thanks
I'll second that
Old 02-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
No and no. You guys have stumbled across an old thread that was destroyed in the Great Software Shitstorm of Thanksgiving 2007.
All pictures were lost July 7 - Nov 23 of that year.
The only threads that have pictures from that period were restored by the authors.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance. A mass movement offers them unlimited opportunities for both."
Eric Hoffer The True Believer 1951