Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Welding

SFT Search:   

Old 04-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Auction Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paychk View Post
I remember the first Bobcat I ever operated, I couldn't get it to idle, then I noticed the ignition switch is set up as "off - run/idle - run - start", so they won't go to the run/idle mode automatically, they have to be placed there. This was changed on the latter ones to "off - run - run/idle - start" so run/idle was the default mode then the start switch was released.
I thought it was odd that the default was full run too. I do get 13.5 volts to the throttle solenoid when switched to the run/idle setting, so it is not a wiring issue.

Liberty has never come from Government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it.
Woodrow Wilson
Old 04-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Project Phoenix

Might be the plunger in the solenoid is hanging up?

Millermatic 200 w/ SKP-35 Spot Pulse Weld Panel, Tweco MIG-GUN #2, running ER70S-6 .035 wire on CO2, Spoolmatic 1 Spool Gun
Old 04-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Curmudgeon

Fluid film!

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance. A mass movement offers them unlimited opportunities for both."
Eric Hoffer The True Believer 1951
Old 04-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Auction Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter View Post
Fluid film!
EXACTLY what I did. It seems to have made the plunger slide more freely. Gonna give it another try tomorrow morning.

BTW, thanks Cutter. You just reminded me to get some more FF. Just got a case of 12 cans for $7.09 a can with free shipping on Ebay.

Liberty has never come from Government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it.
Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by milomilo; 04-02-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Blood, Sweat & Concrete

Send a message via MSN to DDA52

The newer 225G's have a cover over the plunger. The older ones like mine, were exposed and needed some help now and again.

Grand High Poobah...(by appointment.)
Old 04-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Auction Addict

Thread closure time. Got the adjustment done on the idle down. Works right. Set the high speed engine RPM by measuring the AC cycles. It was off by 2 so reset the full throttle speed to get 60 cycles per second. Still have to add an in-tank fuel filter in order to keep crud in the fuel from getting up to the carb. Other than that all done. Thanks everyone for their advice.

Woodrow Wilson
Old 04-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Project Phoenix

Chris

Did you put a load on that when you reset it to 60? The engine may pull down under load & end up @ 58 Hz.

Millermatic 200 w/ SKP-35 Spot Pulse Weld Panel, Tweco MIG-GUN #2, running ER70S-6 .035 wire on CO2, Spoolmatic 1 Spool Gun
Old 04-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Auction Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paychk View Post
Chris

Did you put a load on that when you reset it to 60? The engine may pull down under load & end up @ 58 Hz.
Yes, we did out a load on it. The rpms came up to match the load and it stayed at 60 cycles. Good question though.

Just to see how sensitive the unit was, I plugged in a cell phone charger with the phone plugged in while it was on the run/idle and it kicked out of idle and upped the rpms to the 60 cycles. I was pretty surprised to see it could detect such a small load.

Woodrow Wilson
Old 04-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Sultan of Scrounge

I had a chance to buy one for 1500 bucks one time and let it get away. I thought that was a good deal. This is a great deal with the trailer.

Now all you need is the MIG gun for it.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Auction Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmike View Post
I had a chance to buy one for 1500 bucks one time and let it get away. I thought that was a good deal. This is a great deal with the trailer.

Now all you need is the MIG gun for it.
I have to admit that my little 110 fluxcore mig is very limited and a suitcase style would be a nice addition to this welder. Maybe the next auction????

Woodrow Wilson