Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Shop & Safety

SFT Search:   

Old 02-09-2019, 09:00 PM
Blast this!

about the 2nd thing to go wrong I would have said god does not want me to work today . Con grates on you willingness to persevere . Mine was repair splitter recoil start , Replace spark plug .Help of son and grandson available so had to work wood .
Old 02-09-2019, 09:04 PM
Curmudgeon

Sigh, now I feel like I need a nap.

"Dr. Chandran, will I dream?"

Just Keep Walking

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance. A mass movement offers them unlimited opportunities for both."
Eric Hoffer The True Believer 1951
Old 02-10-2019, 10:03 AM
Gold Star Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmack898 View Post
... People that hear me speak would never guess that I spent 59 years living in NJ, because the southern part of the state is so much different from the rest of it...
Do you say "Youse all"?
Old 02-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Post Fiend

Sounds about like a normal day around here. You accomplished your mission and got some excercise!
Old 02-10-2019, 12:15 PM
Da Chief

Mac,
I would never have laid the mantle of "Jersey Boy" at your feet, 'Cause I know fer a fact that you like smokey BBQ and sweet tea... And I heard you say it.

RED

From the minutes of the nearly clandestine get together in Trampa.

What I really need to know is, WHEN DOES THE SHOOTING START?
Old 02-10-2019, 05:27 PM
That HURT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCPOP View Post
Do you say "Youse all"?
POP, that is so south Philly. In my youth when I lived in north Jersey I never heard that phase until I moved to the southernmost part of the state and got inundated by the "Shoebies" from Philly.

I did think the grove needed some good some good JuJu so I added something I think you can appreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinDodge View Post
Sounds about like a normal day around here. You accomplished your mission and got some excercise!
You sound like Laura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED caddy View Post
Mac,
I would never have laid the mantle of "Jersey Boy" at your feet, 'Cause I know fer a fact that you like smokey BBQ and sweet tea... And I heard you say it.

RED

From the minutes of the nearly clandestine get together in Trampa.
Thanks RED, we have no control over the location where we're born, it just took me 60 years to relocate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3369.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	149327  
Old 02-10-2019, 06:42 PM
Gold Star Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmack898 View Post
POP, that is so south Philly. ...
I had a Christian Brother teacher in Catholic high school who taught us, worked in South Philly. He was a registered nurse. He'd seen it all. He knew how to pound someone on the head with a book, or to pinch someone's nose until it turned black and blue. Brother Frederick Anthony didn't take crap from anyone, including me.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Director of Languages

I read your tale of woe, and clearly I missed something, because I dont understand why you didnt drive the truck over the first time you needed something from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCPOP View Post
I had a Christian Brother teacher in Catholic high school who taught us, worked in South Philly. He was a registered nurse. He'd seen it all. He knew how to pound someone on the head with a book, or to pinch someone's nose until it turned black and blue. Brother Frederick Anthony didn't take crap from anyone, including me.
I think they thought them that from the first day in the monastery. catching you by the locks (short hair in front of the ear) was a preferred technique in our place.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:21 PM
Chairman of the Headboard

Sweetness !!!! Love the pics and progress.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:08 PM
That HURT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy View Post
I read your tale of woe, and clearly I missed something, because I dont understand why you didnt drive the truck over the first time you needed something from it
I can see where that might be confusing.

The truck was parked where the gate posts were to be put in and I had a half dozen 60# bags of Sakcrete in the back of the truck. While the truck was a 1/4 mile walk from the container, the truck could not drive the route I walked to the container. To drive the truck to the container is about a 3 mile drive and then I would have had to walk back again to get the Bobcat.

I had plans to install the gates on the posts on the way home from work today, when I got there I realized that I left the drill at the camper. I put the drill in the truck as soon as I got home and I'll try again tomorrow.

I ordered a carburetor kit for the quad and it should be here Friday, so Saturday morning I will get the quad running before I do anything else.