Shop Floor Talk  

Go Back   Shop Floor Talk > Welding and Metalworking Forums > Fabrication

SFT Search:   

Old 01-07-2019, 01:33 PM
The Real Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinDodge View Post
just put long hoses on the control valve and outfit your real press with a ram with quick couplers. My eventual plan........
I use my press (not a log splitter)to run a car lift and my toe jack.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:51 PM
Elite Member

I have two hydraulic pumps and control valves that one went to a 4 post lift
the other went to a burn off boom that one is 12v the other 120/230v
both look the same in appearance and in size but the 12v is a couple tons under the four post system just need to find a ram for each as it would be nice to have a press for infield work... but they are still just something laying around an prolly go bad before I get around to doing anything with either one already been sitting a year and suspect the same will be for my new pump for my bobcat had it going on 4 months now and still siting there just don't seem to have time for my stuff and too dang wore out when I do get a little time....

Time....Time.... Time.... dam that just leaves an irritating ring in my head when I think about all that stuff just sitting there an no Time!

"Sticks And Stones May Break My Bones.... But Whips An Chains Excite Me"

"The best revenge is to be unlike your enemy"
Marcus Aurelius, "Meditation"
Old 01-07-2019, 05:03 PM
Iron Modification Investigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalWolf View Post
Hey Gerry, Ya lost me there am a bit slow today
I assumed you were planning on mounting the cylinder to the big C frame. I guess you may be trying to hold the whole mess together with the cylinder pushing from inside the frame. Now I get why the frame is heavy...
Al the ones I have seen had the cylinder fastened to the C frame by screwing it into a threaded ring.

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... But it can muffle the sound. Attributed to Red Green
Old 01-07-2019, 06:54 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I assumed you were planning on mounting the cylinder to the big C frame. I guess you may be trying to hold the whole mess together with the cylinder pushing from inside the frame. Now I get why the frame is heavy...
Al the ones I have seen had the cylinder fastened to the C frame by screwing it into a threaded ring.
yes so I can still use the port a power as a port a power kind of a multi usage idea...
It may not look it in the pics but the cylinder fits fairly snug in the C frame once you slide it in and so it pushes straight it was meant more for light duty stuff not so much heavy stuff and works great for U joints an Ball joints as well ball joints I just use my rings and cups from the ball joint kit as the POS screw clamp has already bent out of alignment on the first use

and if I'm not pressing bushings on the vehicle I can chuck it up in the vise on table and get the job done far quicker too....
but so far it has worked out well for me but I have not tried to push it over what I know it can do bigger things I just do in the 30 ton press which it were heavier sometimes but does most of what I need to even use it to split fire/BBQ wood once in a while

"Sticks And Stones May Break My Bones.... But Whips An Chains Excite Me"

"The best revenge is to be unlike your enemy"
Marcus Aurelius, "Meditation"

Last edited by MetalWolf; 01-07-2019 at 07:04 PM.